C section scar obstructing ultrasound?

Katia-xO

Mummy to 1 & baking #2
Reaction score
Has anyone had this? I had a section 4.5 years ago and I've just been told someone couldn't see their baby at their 12w ultrasound as they had too much scar tissue inside :O

Hi Katia

Sorry I can't answer your question but you might get more response in the Caesarean Section

x

I had a C-section 3 years ago and with this pregnancy I've had about 5 ultrasounds and all of them have been perfectly clear. There was no mention of the scar obstructing anything.

Maybe the person who told you had a vertical section from the belly button down? That's the only thing I can thing of, but I wouldn't worry about it. XO

I think it would be possible with an abdominal scan that it could obstruct, but not a vaginal scan, but I suspect it would depend on the extent of the scarring and other factors (how curvy that person is, how the uterus lies, fullness of bladder, etc.). I've had lots of first trimester exams across all my pregnancies and I've rarely had one when they could get a clear image without doing a vaginal scan. It's largely because of constipation or gas, both of which I get terribly in 1st tri. If gas can obstruct the view, I can only imagine that scar tissue might if you have enough of it. But it shouldn't be an issue with a vaginal scan obviously.

My baby is super high up and far back due to my second c section being stitched up extra high, and my uterus is very tilted. Every US I get is hard to see but abdominal works better

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->