C Section scar ten years on

windswept

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to ask about scar tissue from a decade old c section…?

I’ve had the usual weight ups and downs since becoming a mum, but am particularly struggling just now with a bit of extra which is all up front and hanging over my c-section scar. I feel like I’m carrying a brick in a pouch there - it’s constantly heavy and sore.

I’ve also had some pretty epic shooting pains that come from nowhere and have me doubled over, running through my pelvic area.

And now, I’ve discovered I have a solid lump there. There’s always been evidence of scar tissue, but this is more than that.

Anyone else had any experience of this? Or know what to google or ask?! I feel particularly awkward that I’m not exactly ‘big’ but find this weight gain exceptionally uncomfortable and hard to cope with, I know others battle this more and admire women who are confidently bigger and ultimately sexy with it, so don’t want to talk to friends about it.

I just feel bleurgh and clumsy. Am
I alone?!

I also have a c section scar. It does get sore if my underwear bothers the area or if my jeans feel to tight when I sit down it hurts on my bloated days. I don't have any lumps though. I have a little pooch and it's been hard for me to get rid of it (eye roll) ...

I have severe diastasis recti from my twins that I haven't been able to heal, so I have a pooch that hangs over my scar as well. My scar doesn't bother me at all though (4 1/2 years old). I did a lot of scar tissue release massage the first year and I feel like that made a difference.
You can learn how to do your own scar release massage from YouTube, or if you can get in to see a pelvic floor physical therapist they also do scar work.
Adhesions are common after any scar and they can be painful.

I have severe diastasis recti from my twins that I haven't been able to heal, so I have a pooch that hangs over my scar as well. My scar doesn't bother me at all though (4 1/2 years old). I did a lot of scar tissue release massage the first year and I feel like that made a difference.
You can learn how to do your own scar release massage from YouTube, or if you can get in to see a pelvic floor physical therapist they also do scar work.
Adhesions are common after any scar and they can be painful.

Do you think I can still break down the scar tissue with massage this much later (10 yrs since last section)?

I’m finding it so uncomfortable I want to wear my pyjamas all day, sitting upright is painful and walking is uncomfy. I’m normally very active, but the discomfort is preventing me doing my normal activities… And affecting my self confidence.

It’s not the actual scar that’s problematic, but the bulk I’m feeling in the pooch. It’s solid for the length of the scar and very thick.

If it is adhesions they sound very severe, and I would be looking for professional help in releasing them instead of trying to tackle it on your own. If they are severe enough it may even warrant surgery, but yes I do believe that even after 10 years you can successfully remove adhesions.
I would look for a pelvic floor therapist as your first port of call and they can help you determine the best person to see in your situation, if it's not them.
Going to your Dr first would most likely result in surgery which may be avoidable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"