C Section wound

Aidedhoney

Mum of Nats & Alex
Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I had a c section nearly 6 wks ago, not had my 6wk check yet but was wondering if any of you ladies suffered from a sweaty wound? Also sometimes i think it may smell a little. Any other c section ladies had this?
There is no redness in fact wound looks very neat

I am washing it 3 times a day with hot water with baby bath in it and cotton wool. Should i be worried?

I have been under lots of stress lo was in hospital for 5wks and i spent all my time in hospital caring for him so have neglected my own health a wee bit.

Thanks in advance

I had infections, but even after they cleared up.. I have skin that still needs to heal, and yes it smells! :)

Thanks Tasha41 was really worried that i had turned into a smelly slob lol

Thanks xx

I dry mine with hair dryer on cold setting by lifting up the fold. Now its healed (It opened up 3 times!!) I use a tiny bit of baby talc, to keep it dry on hot days.

Thanks ellismum, hairdryer is a good idea and the talc will def be getting used.

I shouldnt worry, it has been hot so it stands to reason that a scar under a belly will get a bit sweaty! I just used cotton wool and plain water on mine,and apart from it opening up in 2 places, I didnt have an infection.
I just had standy up washes while it healed cos I read to avoid baths - but if you do bath avoid bublle bath etc till its totally healed. :hugs:

Thanks Nospringchick, will stop with the soap, havent had a bath have been sticking to showers xx

Mine was like that. You get that little "flap" that hangs down over it, plus I'm not a skinny mini to begin with, so it doesn't quite dry under there. I was concerned that mine was infected because I could smell it when I was on the toilet, but my doctor said it was fine. What I actually did was I used those God awful pads from the hospital (they sent me home with the extra ones) Ya know, the ones that aren't sticky on the back. I used those to put horizontally across my incision and it kept it dry. I actually ran out, and had to go to the drug store and get more and they were expensive! Then I only used like 2 out of the package. So hopefully I'll have another baby and get some use out of them!

Thanks channy had the doc yesterday for 6wk check and its all good as you say its that wee flap of skin that hangs over causing the bother xx

Hairdryer! Or even just carry around paper towel, or something and dab it dry if you feel it getting a bit wet! I had the same problem!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->