C Section

Babydance

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

Sorry if i am posting this in the wrong place, i was just looking for some info.

For those of you who had a C-section or know someone who did, what was the reason for it?

Mine was an emergency section because of 'failure to progress', i dilated to 8 cm and got stuck there for 8 hrs before we threw in the towel. My little girl had fairly significant moulding to vouch for the 8 hrs stuck there too.

Mine was an emergency section because of 'failure to progress', i dilated to 8 cm and got stuck there for 8 hrs before we threw in the towel. My little girl had fairly significant moulding to vouch for the 8 hrs stuck there too.

aww poor wee girl! I've heard a few people in the birth stories say they went in for their booked C Section and i thought most C Sections were emergencies, how did you feel afterwards? xxx

I had an emergency section because baby got stuck and distressed so his heartbeat went down from 140 odd to 25 and didnt come back up. They dont mess about when the heartrate goes so low, They do whatever they have to, to get baby out ASAP.

i had an emergency c section after a 34+ hour labour. my bby turnt at the last minute and got stuck, he then pooed inside me and his heart rate dropped after a failed ventouse in theatre the decided section was the only way out x

I had an emergency section because baby got stuck and distressed so his heartbeat went down from 140 odd to 25 and didnt come back up. They dont mess about when the heartrate goes so low, They do whatever they have to, to get baby out ASAP.

Thats good to hear hun, my biggest fear is something going wrong at the birth. I'm actually excited about the birth but the thing that scares me is any complications. xxx

mine was for slow progession (3cm after 40hours :hissy:) and same as miss jacey - at the contractions her heart rate was dropping x

I had an emergecny section at 35 weeks because i had pre clampsia / high blood pressure xx

I had my section last Tuesday because she was breech.

V xxx

I had an emergency c swection because I had preeclampsia and me and my baby's lives would be in danger if baby didn't get out fast!

I felt fine after my section, not traumatised or cheated-maybe a little dazed! I was just happy that my baby and i were ok. Ellis's heart rate had started dipping low too. In retrospect i wish i'd had an elective section at 39 weeks, as it was i went 40 +18 and through 36 hours of labour in the hope of a natural birth that wasn't to be. An elective section wasn't an option this time but if i ever have another i'll not be chasing the dream of a natural birth again!!!

i have had 2 c sections one because i had severe eclampsia and i had one 6 weeks ago because i had complete placenta previa xx

V xxx

Hey hun,

How did they discover this and did they give you any other options? xxx

a scan showed she was breech.

No other option was given as my 2nd daughter was sadly stillborn in 2007 due to being breech and having a long cord, so section was the only option.

V xxxx

It's really good to hear all your stories ladies thanks very much I'm trying to keep an open mind about it all and i would love a natural delivery but if i cant have it im trying not to feel let down but then i wont know until/if i cross that bridge i guess, i just want my little girl to be healthy! xxx

V xxx

Hey hun,

No other option was given as my 2nd daughter was sadly stillborn in 2007 due to being breech and having a long cord, so section was the only option.

V xxxx

Oh hunny i'm so sorry, atleast they got your little one out safe and sound!! :hug:

Were you about 36 weeks at that point? Sorry for all these questions my midwife isn't to helpful when it comes to asking questions and i just want to be prepared for as much as i can! xxx

V xxx

Hey hun,

V xxxx

Oh hunny i'm so sorry, atleast they got your little one out safe and sound!! :hug:

Were you about 36 weeks at that point? Sorry for all these questions my midwife isn't to helpful when it comes to asking questions and i just want to be prepared for as much as i can! xxx

She was 37+4, delivered a bit earlier than normal due to the fact there was no other space in theatre till i was way past 39 weeks.

The only thing i can say, is take it so easy after, and take all the pain meds they offer.

V xxx

V xxx

Hey hun,

V xxxx

She was 37+4, delivered a bit earlier than normal due to the fact there was no other space in theatre till i was way past 39 weeks.

The only thing i can say, is take it so easy after, and take all the pain meds they offer.

V xxx

Thanks hun! I really appriciate all the advice!! xxx

Oh also, sorry, How long did you's stay in hospital for? xx

I had 2. First was for distress the heartrate dropped very low. Second seemed to be distress also again heartrate dropped really low but when they got to him he was tied up in the cord so badly that he would never have found his way out his heartrate dropped as it was also round his neck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->