• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

C Section

Mine was emergency because baby was back to back and in distress.

Reason for mine was "failure to progress"; I dilated to 10cm after being induced but my pelvis was too narrow for the baby to fit through and she was not descending well enough anyway.

BTW I was THRILLED after a long labour that I was going to have the c-section, I was exhausted after pushing 2.5 hours, my heartrate bouncing around 120, I was catatonic, sweating a lot, and I felt like I was going to pass out. I felt like it was never going to be over!

I'm not upset I had to have the c-section because I know now it was the only way to get my daughter out of there safe & sound, but I am upset that I've had several complications from the surgery.

I planned mine as I was told I had a small birth canal - and after seeing that Tasha ended up with a section for having too small of a pelvis, I chose to go that way to prevent myself and Grady from any extra stress!
And I have no regrets about it at all!

I planned mine as I was told I had a small birth canal - and after seeing that Tasha ended up with a section for having too small of a pelvis, I chose to go that way to prevent myself and Grady from any extra stress!

Hey hunny, how did you find out you had a small birh canal? xxx

I had an emergency section because baby got stuck and distressed so his heartbeat went down from 140 odd to 25 and didnt come back up. They dont mess about when the heartrate goes so low, They do whatever they have to, to get baby out ASAP.

Thats good to hear hun, my biggest fear is something going wrong at the birth. I'm actually excited about the birth but the thing that scares me is any complications. xxx

I think everyone fears the same thing and i for one did not want a csection but at the end of the day i had no choice in the matter if i wanted my baby out safe and quickly! Aslong as baby gets here safely thats all that matters i guess!

Hey hunny, how did you find out you had a small birh canal? xxx

When my doc did an internal, she said it looked very small. I have no idea how she determined it! LOL. All I knew was that days earlier Tasha had her little girl and that's why she had it. So I didn't think twice when asking for one!

Thanks hun, This might sound daft but i've always had problems with smears etc they find it really hard to do and always have to use the smallest torture tool to get it done. I've not asked my midwife if this is a problem yet but should i? xx

Thanks hun, This might sound daft but i've always had problems with smears etc they find it really hard to do and always have to use the smallest torture tool to get it done. I've not asked my midwife if this is a problem yet but should i? xx

I had that problem too!! :) Definitely worth asking about, can't hurt! If you know ahead of time you can prepare yourself for it and you might get to skip labour which will wear you out for nothing. They told me the pushing is good, it helps the baby's lungs, so not to be angry I had to have the c-section, but because of the pushing it complicated my c-section, baby had to be pulled out awkwardly, etc (by complicated all I mean is that it took longer.. the real "complications" as in infections came later!!).

oh i see, the first smear i went for she gave up!! I said to "get it in i am not coming back" ouchies, so all my smears are quite painful and again when i went up to A&E when i was 8 weeks (suspected ectopic) she couldnt get it in either so she had to use her fingers to check (didnt even buy me a drink first! :rofl:)I'd love a natural labour but dont want to put the baby through all that stress to need an emergency C Section anyway? oh im all mixed up now! xx

The first time, I had a section for complete placenta previa, and a back injury (fractured in 2001). Second time was insulin-dependant diabetes, and because I had a previous section. But, in the end it turned out to be lifesaving for both my baby and I as my uterus was paper thin from scar tissue (they cut it out after) and so labour, although I did go through labour, if it got stronger, likely would have ruptured my uterus.

failure to progress - 20 hour labour and stayed at 7 cm for six hours :( Babba was fine throughout though :)

Emergency section, his heartrate was dropping after every contraction and he had turned the wrong way, plus was stuck at 6cm for aaaages and we found out the cord was wrapped round his neck.

Planned home birth ending in emergency c-section for FTP; 36 hour labour, stalled at 4cm for 24 hours due to his head being transverse. I didn't find it difficult at the time, we tried everything we could to have a natural home birth, then after we transferred we kept trying for a vaginal delivery but it wasn't to be. But since the birth I have found it increasingly difficult to cope with what happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"