C-Section?

xSarahM

Two Beautiful Angels
Reaction score
Hi Ladies!
I'm Sarah, im 18 and im only 19+3weeks pregnant with fraternal boy/girl twins.

Multiple pregnancies are considered 'high risk'. Although Fraternal multiple pregnancies are less high risk than identical. So far my pregnancies been great, no complications or signs of any upcoming complications :thumbup:

Im really scared of having to have a c-section. I've heard some hospitals strongly advise a c-section for multiple births even with no complications. The hospital im at doesnt do that.

I'm just wondering what common complications i might face which may mean i'll have to have a section? What was it like for you girls? I'd love to hear your experiences/birth stories. All the information/advice would be greatly appriecated!

Thank you :flower:

hiya hun didnt want to read and run but i have had 3 c _sections and this will be my 4th one with the twins they do say c section are more advised with multi births xxxxxxxxxx my first c section with my son was emercery one .but rest were elective im nervous all the time i have them but its more anxuios xxxxxxxx

I had a section. The problem is everyone thinks its going to prevent you from picking up your children and doing all the household chores, I still managed everything even with two babies in NNU, I bathed them, picked them up, washed, ironed, cooked, cleaned, did most things..
I had a very bad birth with the girls and I still managed it.. I had an emergency c section. Obviously your gonna be nervous if you have to have one but you deal with it.

From what I've read and what the doctor told me what happens a lot is the first twin is brn vaginally and the second is born emergency c-section. A lot of it depends on if your hospital will deliver the second breech. Some won't, or the baby goes into distress. My doc said in his experience, if they are both head down, the second baby is born emergency c-section ~10% of the time. If the first is head down and second breech, then the c-section rate for twin 2 is closer to ~50%. Many hospitals will only do c-section if the first twin is breech. I've decided I will only attempt a VBAC if both are head down. I went natural with my second, but this time I will do an epidural because if they have to do an emergency surgery, I want to be awake for the birth. Without an epidural, they put you under general anesthesia.

I'd write down your questions and take them to your next appointment.

i no 2 people who had twins and gave birth naturaly, so having twins doesnt always mean a section.

good luck

I delivered my twins naturally and everything was perfect and easy. It was actually a better labour and birth than my singleton. I would definatley say try for a natural delivery if they are in good positions.

I am the same. Had my two girls naturally and terrified of having a c-section, although everyone i tell (that i want to have them naturally) seems even more horrified that i want to have my twins naturally!!!

I really want to have my babies naturally.
Im not against elective c-sections at all, they just scare me. The thought of someone cutting open my belly really freaks me out.
Thanks for all your replies!

I tried natural but it wasnt the option for me.. I was told I would have no choice but to have a section so I do hope you get your natural birth but if you cant then dont let it eat you up too much, as long as you have two healthy babies its all that really matters.

I had a planned section at 38wks due to leading twin being breech. I had kept an open mind about the birth because ulitmately I wanted what was safest for the boys. As it happens, the choice was taken out of my hands, and that was fine by me ;)

I have to say, that compared to my vaginal births, the section was the calmest experience I have had to date. Because my vaginal deliveries have always been complicated and traumatic, for me it was a much better way to deliver. That said, if I ever did have another baby, I would let things unfold, aim for a vaginal delivery and be prepared for a section if necessary. Keep an open mind chick, is my advice x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->