C-Sections

Rach276

Reaction score
When does the pain completely stop? And what does the wound look like, im too scared to investigate lol

When they leave home,lol
Seriously, it varies. Ive heard some stories of women who are pain free in a handful of days and others who took much longer because of infections and the like. I was reasonably quick I think, and was completely pain free in about 8 days, but I have to say the pain was easily managed with the meds they gave me. I found turning over in bed the worst thing cause I didnt expect it to hurt and it did.
The wound doesnt look too bad in my experience, a bit of bruising and a line with stitches or staples (Im overweight so they gave me staples) and its covered to begin with. It eventually fades away to a thin silvery line.

Sorry just re read and saw the bit about Jack being here already, go on take a look!!

Mine is still a bright pinky red line... after a week it came open again one end and got infected so took longer to heal. The pain eased after a couple of weeks for me. Make sure you do as little as possible no matter how well you feel :) Its a bit annoying cos its hard to lift and bend but it does soon get better xxx

I only took the pain killers when i was in hospital, once i was at home i didn't feel any need as i wasn't in any discomfort and the wound is just a thin red scar which is about 5 inches long just along the top of my pubic hair. My experience was fine but its different for everyone

i stopped pain relief after 3 days...Then it was fine after 2 weeks.I have only just cleared up infections after 6 weeks and I still have a gape in mine so please be very strict about lifting things. they say nothing heavier than your baby for the first 6 weeks...I promise it does get better!:hugs:

I'm 2 1/2 weeks after the surgery - and I feel great. I've been pain free for about a week. Only thing that bothered me up until about 4 days ago was laying on my left side.

I luckily haven't had an infection .. yet. *knock on wood* But I know lots of people do get infected!

So just make sure you're relaxing as much as you can, not lifting anything other than Jack, keeping the area dry.

A little over a week ago my incision looked NASTY - but i think that's cause it was so fresh. It looks a lot better now, the scar is already looking a little smaller and everything!

Won't be long til you're feeling yourself again! :)

Its abit sore, not any more then i expect though which is a good sign I think? I havent looked at the mo but get OH to inspect it and he always says how impressed he is lol. What do you look out for in terms of infections?

Its abit sore, not any more then i expect though which is a good sign I think? I havent looked at the mo but get OH to inspect it and he always says how impressed he is lol. What do you look out for in terms of infections?

I was told to watch for it being really red all around the incision, as well as any puss coming out, or it actually being OPEN, etc. Mine was a little wet for a few days, but I just started dabbing it dry more frequently, and now I don't have that issue!

I was still on pain killers until past the 2 week mark, plus I had an infection. It's still very uncomfortable and if I push myself too hard (even just going out for the day will do it) then it gets very sore. It still hurts when I roll onto my side but the pain subsides after a few minutes.

I can't tell what the wound looks like as I have too much belly flab in the way to get a good look, even in the mirror! Plus it's still being dressed by the district nurses post-infection.

Signs of infection are redness, swelling and weeping. Your MW should be looking at it every time she comes out hun.

Midwife looked at it yesturday, said it looked abit bruised but I think its ok. Its sorer in places then others. Its getting better tho :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->