Caesar Dressing

sweety2513

Reaction score
I am missing my salad dressing. Doctor said I can't have it cause of raw eggs. Does anyone know of a brand that doesn't have this? Even a ceasar knock off? lol
I am in the US by the way.

Thanks

Surely you can still have it if its from a bottle? Its a bit like mayo. Its raw eggs but its fine from a jar. Its just homemade they say you should avoid ) x

I've been eating Marie's cesear dressing. You buy it in the produce section at the grocery store. It does say eggs on the jar but everyone has told me it's fine because it's store bought. It's processed differently. I had it about a week ago and I've had zero problems and it's DELICIOUS! (I'm also in the US!)

Surely anything from a premade jar at the store? They have so much vinegar the egg is denatured anyway. And for costs i think alot is often made from egg powder.

Any caesar dressing on the dressing isle that is not refrigerated is fine for you. There are some by the salads that are already refrigerated that have raw egg that you should prob stay away from.

I was having really bad caesar salad cravings and don't like dressing from the store, so I wrote to Corner Bakery asking them if their caesar dressing had pasteurized eggs, since i researched that pasteurized eggs was ok to eat.

Guest relations wrote back saying,

"Thank you for taking the time to contact us and for choosing Corner Bakery. I have connsulted with our culinary team regarding your question about our pasturized eggs and cheeses (all are pasteurized) I certainly hope this helps you and that you are able to enjoy our delicious salads soon!"

With that in mind, I have been enjoying my caesar salad at Corner Bakery. :happydance:

Hi... I am a chef. Caesar dressing from a bottle is fine. It does not contain raw eggs because they are not shelf stable. If it says contains eggs they are pasteurized and safe for consumption. Do not however eat Caesar dressing in a restaurant as if they make it themselves it will most likely contain raw egg yolk. Also don't trust your waitress. Or start your question... I am pregnant and cannot eat raw egg do you make your own dressing? If you simply ask does the dressing have egg they will just tell you no because no one ever asks.

I greatly appreciate this thread. It's the only kind that I can remotely stand lately and when I read the title thread it threw me into a panic! :wacko: Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->