Caesarean advice

windswept

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I have just found out I am getting a c-section on 14 June... I have mixed emotions about it, as you can imagine.

The one benefit is that I can plan ahead, and I'm in the process of doing so now! Just wondering if any of you lovely ladies had a c-section, and if so what were your thoughts on visitors on the day of the section???

I, personally, would like to spend the rest of that day recovering and getting to know my little person without lots of guests or feeling like I need to be respectable (given that all guests are going to be inlaws family and not my own loved ones).

Can I justify asking for no visitors on the first day? I'd love to hear your views on this...

I asked for no visitors on the first day hun, except my OH and I'm pleased I did because I was sore and tired (although I had a planned section I ended up going into labour myself early so had to have a semi emergency section in the middle of the night!). The morphine also made me feel sick for a bit. There was also no way that I would have been able to get up or dressed for visitors

I needed that time to recover from the op and bond with my lo and im pleased everyone respected my wishes.

I felt much better on the 2nd day and much more in the mood for visitors.

I'm sure people will understand if you say you dont want any visitors on that first day. Xxx

Thank you Clo - that makes me feel much better. It will be hard to keep Granny away, but I hope she will respect my wishes... I am not sure Mr W will agree with me, but hopefully he'll see things from my perspective.

I am wondering how to tactfully request no visitors too! I want my parents and sister to come but no one else! Lol. Of course OH's parents can come too but he has several siblings, so it is hard where to draw the line. I think that some people who have been through a birth will respect it, but others will be offended by it... I wish there was a simple answer for it!

I don't want certain visitors at the hospital at all ie: husbands mom and sister lol

I can't stand his mother and his sister is really starting to piss me off I don't want them coming in kissing me, seeing me in a vulnerable state in my nightie ectand I defanatly dont want their partners coming with them either I would prefer it if they waited untill I was at home.

But I do want my mom to come and see me it's a tricky decision but at the end of the day it's your choice and if you don't want visitors then that's up to you x

If thats how you feel then no reason why not to say that!

Anna was born by c-section at 10.43am and I had a group of visitors at 2pm and then again at 6pm - I loved it!!

On the first day, certainly the first 6 hrs or so afterwards I was still numb and couldnt get out the bed so I wouldnt say I was in particularly any pain.

I was in hospital from 7am monday morning til 1pm on wednesday afternoon and I hardly slept any of that time so I was desperate for visitors!!

Maybe wait and see how you feel. I reckon if everyone else in your ward has visitors coming in celebrating etc then you may be wishing you had not requested no visitors.

Good luck! I had a fab c-section experience!:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"