caffeine- be honest now ladies!

L

lillprutten

So..
I have been thinking about this with pregnancy and caffeine, I read some countries recommend pregnant women not to intake more than 200mg/caffeine a day, and some (like Sweden) recommend no more than 300mg/day.
I drink about 1 cup tea a day and then maybe one can of coke/half a liter of coke a day, that means about 100mg/caffeine a day.
During first trimester I didnt have any caffeine but now I do.
How much caffeine do you drink/eat every day?

https://wilstar.com/caffeine.htm

A list showing how much caffeine things contain.

And I am also wondering whats bad with energy drinks as they "only" contain 80mg, it must be something else in them to make them not recommend energy drinks for pregnant women! is it the taurine?

Honestly..about 220 on a work day - one coffee, two teas. Sometimes I forget I'm pregnant when I'm at work! At the weekend, just one tea.

I try and drink water or lemonade instead.

Jumping back from third tri.
I was a real good girl in my first tri, but now she's big and healthy I've relaxed a little and I have a couple of cups a tea a day (2 - 3). Every other day (averagely, not a rule) I'll have a milky instant coffee. Not a fan of fizzy drinks.

I didn't have any during 1st tri, now I have a cup of tea every other day on average. It varies, but never more than two a day. To be honest my bladder can't take any more! :lol:

If I go out then I usually have J20s and sometimes a small glass of wine. I've recently discovered Chai Latte which is gorgeous...99% caffeine free, and I've been having that or Camomile and honey if I fancy something hot.

I drink 2-3 coffees on overnight shifts (which is only 2-4x per month) and about one coffee per day normally. I love coffee and won't give it up!

I love maccas large coke.. i have it twice a week.. im not doing too bad so far.. I still can't even look at the coffee or tea jars but ill have one small block of chocolate a week as well

Erm i am terrible, 3 coffees today and a diet coke. xxx

I never exceed 200mg. At the moment I'm 90% off caffeine because I have migraines, so I might have 1 can of coke per week. Before I came off it for migraines, I would drink about 500mls per day.

And I am also wondering whats bad with energy drinks as they "only" contain 80mg, it must be something else in them to make them not recommend energy drinks for pregnant women! is it the taurine?
I think it's the taurine and the other stimulants. Caffeine has been tested, but I don't think the others have. My boss asked today whether I was on the Red Bull, and I was thinking "I'm limiting my caffeine intake, do you really think I'm about to drink Red Bull?!"

not as much as normal but i havent cut it out all together, I CANNOT go without my morning coffee. I doubt I exceed 200mg a day, wheras before I was a caffeine addict!

I'm pretty sure I am drinking too much caffeine at the moment. I didn't drink any caffeine in the first trimester but I'm drinking quite a bit of tea now, I feel a bit guilty, but I don't know how much of the allowance I am having.

I didn't change anything because I've always had 1 cup of tea in the morning and only the occasional soda, which is well below the 'allowed' amount.

Before I was pregnant, I was a HUGE coffee addict. I'd drink about 6 to 8 mugs a day. In the first trimester, I was put off almost everything, so I had a protein vitamin shake mostly, which I could keep down. Now I am in the second trimester and that the nausea has eased (thank God), and I've finished the anomalies scan, I have about 1 to 2 cups of tea (not very strong but not very light either) a day and sometimes, when I have chocolate or cocoa cola, I have only 1 1/2 cups of tea a day. I think the baby likes the tea, s/he wakes me up at 5 am and doesn't stop fluttering till I have that morning shot :) I think it's okay to drink caffeine after the 1st trimester, provided one doesn't go overboard. In fact, I thank my pregnancy for breaking my bad coffee habit. Don't feel like touching that coffee now :)

None in first tri, I made me automatically throw up! But now, one big cup of coffee in the morning, and let's not forget that chocolate contains caffeine too! Having several pieces (ahem, boxes) per day of chocolate :blush:

I didnt have any in first tri but am back to about 6 cups of tea a day (used to be a coffee drinker but cant get enough of tea now!) although I make sure at least a couple of those cups are decafenated tea..

Heh I'm bad with the coke, I used to drink prob a litre a day, now cut it down to one or two cans every few days so think I'm dong pretty good. I only drink herbal tea and don't rally drink coffee...a cup once a fortnight usually

you are all exemplary...me: well, around 3 coffees and maybe a tea thrown in too :blush:

I cut out coffee for most of the 1st tri but then realised it helped slightly with my headaches! So I now have 1 instant weak coffee at work each day, and maybe 2 or 3 extra cups during the week when I see friends or family x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->