caffeine- be honest now ladies!

Treat myself to a can of diet coke every other day (used to drink 3-4 a day! :blush:)

Also love my tea but have switched to decaf so I can have more! Probably have about 3 cups a day now.

I guess Ii get caffeine from chocolate but I don't have any drinks.

I have usually 1 sometimes 2 cans of soda a day and all other fluids are water. I do drink a ton of water, but also let myself have caffeine when I want it.

i think what you describe as your daily caffeine intake is similar to mine (although i have coca cola only when we go out for a meal)...im not saying our intake it right/wrong but i think anything that is taken in moderation should be fine...make sure you are drinking plenty of water to cancel out the diuretic effects of the caffeine.

one tea per week, chocolate 5 times a week, and even though soda makes me sick as a dog i try a sip every now and then to see if the effects go away (it's hard seeing as the only thing i would drink pre-pregnancy was soda.)

I think I have too much, 1-2 cups of coffee at work, mostly they go cold about halfway down so I'd say about 1 strong coffee on average, (used to have about 3 sometimes 4 before). Plus a cup of tea every other day and the odd diet coke. I nibble on chocolate sometimes but never really have a whole bar. I drink fruit and peppermint tea in the afternoon and evening.

I am so terrible, its my one downfall as I am addicted to coke at the moment, I would drink over a litre some days.

I have a coffee in the mornings. i didn't in 1st tri though

i drink 1 a day of normal tea and the rest de-caf tea, havent had a coffee or much coke but i cant give up choc :D

I have about 4 cups of decaffinated tea a day, a coke when I fancy it, probably 1 a week if that. My downfall is chocolate. I eat a bar nearly every day!!!

I'm on decaf coffee and I don't drink tea much. I have a can of coke maybe once a week, if that, and I never have energy drinks as I don't like them. So I guess i'm doing pretty good on the caffeine front. I think most of my intake probably comes from chocolate and I don't even eat much of that in a week x

OMG. You all are making me look so bad!!
I have coffee most days (a 'real' one, not instant) and usually 4 or 5 cups of tea. Sometimes more.
I did go off coffee completely in first tri.

I've switched to decaf tea and don't like coffee anyway so that's not an issue. My caffeine sin is chocolate! Don't think I eat enough of it to be a problem...although I do eat a lot :blush:

it's one thing I've been good with. I have caffeine free diet coke, water and when I go to Starbucks I have caffeine free coffee. I occassionally slip up and forget to order de-caf, but that's once a month or so.

(Ps I am reeeeeeeeally bad with other things)

im in the 1st tri still and I have about 4 cups of tea a day

OMG i m terrible! I NEVER drank coffee/tea/coke anything before i got pregnant and in the first tri but since hitting second tri im addicted to coke :blush:
I have at least 2 glasses a day but have also had upto 4 on some days! I know that isnt THAT much to some people but i feel like its loads for me as im just not used to it! :wacko:
Trying to be good now though and just have the 1! :nope: LOol. x

I don't actually drink caffine, never really did before pregnancy and still don't :)
I used to have an energy drink once in a while or a tea and still do.
Although I wont be having another energy drink until after pregnancy I had one the other day and The baby was so hyper it was making me feel sick, I put the doppler on and the heartbeat was abit faster and it was kicking and running around like mad!!
No wonder I felt sick lol :)

It varies. Sometimes I'm naughty and have two mugs of tea and a can of diet coke, or even three mugs of tea but usually I have one or two mugs of tea a day. Some days I have none, usually the weekend when I don't need to be very awake!

il be honest, in 1st tri i changed to decaff everything, even coke if i was having a drink out (we dont really buy coke cos sophie would want it constantly) now il have 3 maybe 4 cups of tea in the day but have decaff milky coffee if i have coffee, ive been off it of late anyway. In the evenings i change to decaff tea. When out i always have decaff coffee/latte as mum only drinks decaff and its easier to ask for 2 decaffs lol.

Now when i was pregnant with sophie i was never ever told not to have too much caffiene (maybe things changed in 5 yrs?) and i had about 5/6 cups of coffee/tea a day and ate chocolate all the time (explains why i was huge lol).

I LOVE that I saw this thread! I've been watching my intake sooo carefully, and I've been dying for extra cups of tea some days, but denied myself them :( But seeing as a lot of yous are being naughty, then I'm joining you!

Hahahaha i'll stick the kettle on then?? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->