Caffeine in the 2WW?

mrslove13

Reaction score
So what do all of you do during the 2ww? I like my coffee in the morning and glass of wine at night... and know I'll have to give them up after I finally get a bfp, but do you all give up your vices during the 2ww as well?

So far during my wait I downsize to one cup of coffee in the morning and I make it 1/2 decaf (ok admittedly its a large cup.... but still 1/2 decaf..) and one occasional glass of wine if I'm at a corporate dinner, etc.

Thoughts? What do you all do about other things during the 2ww - working out, sushi, sex... (not all at once) etc.

I switched to instant nescafe because its only 60mg caffeine so technically one cup in the morning is fine for 2ww- pregnancy. I usually dont change my diet or habits much in the 2ww .

Just enjoy your normal eating and drinking habits in the TWW. You will have plenty of time when you get your BFP to change your habits. Enjoy them while you can. :)

So what do all of you do during the 2ww? I like my coffee in the morning and glass of wine at night... and know I'll have to give them up after I finally get a bfp, but do you all give up your vices during the 2ww as well?

So far during my wait I downsize to one cup of coffee in the morning and I make it 1/2 decaf (ok admittedly its a large cup.... but still 1/2 decaf..) and one occasional glass of wine if I'm at a corporate dinner, etc.

Thoughts? What do you all do about other things during the 2ww - working out, sushi, sex... (not all at once) etc.

I think what you are doing is absolutely fine. It's important not to stress about things too much and I would certainly get stressed if I had to give up my morning latte!
Just don't overdo the caffeine and alcohol and you'll be fine.:)

I was scared to start working out again but I had to get over that while I'm not doing something as strenuous as P90X I have started a new program of 30 min workouts daily. I have limited my sushi to cooked fish or veggie ones. I lowered my coffee intake to a few times a week but sometimes I really want one and will have 1 or 2 cups. No alcohol but I haven't been a big drinker in awhile but it sure makes it easy to say no to people when you tell them you are trying to get pregnant. And I no longer change the kitty litter.

I was scared to start working out again but I had to get over that while I'm not doing something as strenuous as P90X I have started a new program of 30 min workouts daily. I have limited my sushi to cooked fish or veggie ones. I lowered my coffee intake to a few times a week but sometimes I really want one and will have 1 or 2 cups. No alcohol but I haven't been a big drinker in awhile but it sure makes it easy to say no to people when you tell them you are trying to get pregnant. And I no longer change the kitty litter.

No sushi?!! I love my sashimi, didn't even cross my mind it's not a good idea to have it! I remember not having soft eggs and undercooked meat when I was last pregnant but completely forgot about raw fish.

Think I will still wait until BFP before giving up sushi/sashimi, and will keep having my morning latte and the occasional glass of wine for now as well.:)

No sushi?!! I love my sashimi, didn't even cross my mind it's not a good idea to have it! I remember not having soft eggs and undercooked meat when I was last pregnant but completely forgot about raw fish.

Think I will still wait until BFP before giving up sushi/sashimi, and will keep having my morning latte and the occasional glass of wine for now as well.:)

You gotta live, right? Dang, no soft eggs. Oh man that is going to suck. I hate fully cooked eggs unless it's in an omelet. Even boiled I like them medium (found that out by accident when I slightly under cooked them). But I will live. It's amazing what you will be willing to live without to grow life. lol
I think I will go for sushi this weekend. I have been craving a volcano roll something fierce. Thankfully that has deep fried prawn and not raw. I've never been a huge fan of it so giving it up isn't that big of a thing.

I think its the raw sushi that were advised to stay away from in pregnancy so California rolls are okay. Never knew about the soft eggs but I suppose it would be fine to eat them soft if they are pasteurized.

I think its the raw sushi that were advised to stay away from in pregnancy so California rolls are okay. Never knew about the soft eggs but I suppose it would be fine to eat them soft if they are pasteurized.

I think there's a risk of salmonella with runny or undercooked eggs if I remember correctly. I'm sure the risk is incredibly small but just one of those things.

I think there's a risk of salmonella with runny or undercooked eggs if I remember correctly. I'm sure the risk is incredibly small but just one of those things.

Thats what I just read also but apparently if they are pasteurized there is little -no risk.

I forgot about the cat litter! Now that's one thing that I don't mind deferring to my husband lol.

Beyond the soft eggs I have also heard that soft cheese (like brie) and any veined cheese (like bleu) carries some risk as well.

Being pregnant will be tough for me! I love my sushi/sashimi, rare steaks, runny eggs, and bleu cheese. But, all will be worth it.

I'm committed to staying away when I find out I'm pregnant, but given that its been over 6 months ttc (1.5 years no birth control) and no bfp yet I'm hesitant to make any major lifestyle changes before I have a positive just for the sake of the 2WW, who knows how long it will be!

I think staying away from extremes and vices that are unhealthy even when not pregnant is important. No cigarettes or binge drinking, etc. But I have yet to find a firm opinion or any substantial research saying that some of the other things like sushi, raw meat/eggs, etc. pose a high enough risk during the 2WW to warrant giving up.

My question regarding caffeine is because I have heard some rumblings saying that caffeine can contribute to miscarriage.... has anyone heard anything like this - and do you think that the "everything in moderation" rule applies in this case to the 2ww?

I forgot about the cat litter! Now that's one thing that I don't mind deferring to my husband lol.

Beyond the soft eggs I have also heard that soft cheese (like brie) and any veined cheese (like bleu) carries some risk as well.

Being pregnant will be tough for me! I love my sushi/sashimi, rare steaks, runny eggs, and bleu cheese. But, all will be worth it.

I'm committed to staying away when I find out I'm pregnant, but given that its been over 6 months ttc (1.5 years no birth control) and no bfp yet I'm hesitant to make any major lifestyle changes before I have a positive just for the sake of the 2WW, who knows how long it will be!

I think staying away from extremes and vices that are unhealthy even when not pregnant is important. No cigarettes or binge drinking, etc. But I have yet to find a firm opinion or any substantial research saying that some of the other things like sushi, raw meat/eggs, etc. pose a high enough risk during the 2WW to warrant giving up.

My question regarding caffeine is because I have heard some rumblings saying that caffeine can contribute to miscarriage.... has anyone heard anything like this - and do you think that the "everything in moderation" rule applies in this case to the 2ww?

I'm with you on this one, until I get my BFP no major life style changes. No big binges of alcohol though but I'm not a big drinker anyway.
Saying that I'm on my 2nd glass of wine after having a delicious sashimi bento box for dinner.:) Then again I'm not ovulating for another week..

I think there's a risk of listeria with unpasteurised cheese such as brie, although parmesan is ok. Guess soft cheeses aren't good.

With caffeine I think there is some research that indicates moderately increased risk of miscarriage but only when high quantities are consumed, but 1-2 cups per day are absolutely fine. I drank coffee and even the occasional red bull throughout my last pregnancy but kept within the safe limits. Think these vary country to country as well. In some countries such as spain it's even acceptable to keep having wine with dinner even when you're pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->