Caffeine while in TWW? Opinions?

AlannahWard

Reaction score
I'm about 11ish DPO and experiencing pregnancy symptoms, still no AF but getting BFNs. I'm trying to stay hopeful that this is our month. I've been very sleepy and had no energy since around 4DPO, so I've been relying on a cup of coffee and a monster energy drink to get me through the day. I'm in the army so no midday naps or late wakeups for me... opinions? I know caffeine is bad during pregnancy but I'm in limbo right now and don't know if it could hurt anything yet.

During pregnancy, 200 mg is considered safe. That's 4 sodas, or 2 small cups of drip coffee, or one espresso based drink (I think). I'd avoid the monster and red bulls though, and stick with coffee, also not nearly as much sugar and other crap! (I speak for myself, I drink my coffee dark, strong, and black...)

ETA: well, monster only has 92mg, but it's got like taurine and stuff in it? I'd still avoid it!

ETAA: Well, another site says 160mg....just be aware that 200mg is considered "safe", and try and stay under that!

i drank prob 2 much in my pre pregs about 8 cups a day mine have always been ok some people drink beer smoke ect u cant stop everything but thats just me x

I smoke about a half a pack daily, I need to quit but my job is so stressful! If I get a BFP I'm quitting cold turkey. I can go without caffeine normally but I've been so tired lately. I'm trying to lay off the monsters, I know they're not good for you whether you're prego or not. Hopefully I get a BFP, if I do I'm switching to green tea. The amount of caffeine in it is a lot less than coffee

i think a can of soda and a cup of coffee ok, I wouldnt do the red bull or monsters like someone else said. As for what another poster said about drinking and smoking during pregnancy. Personally I know I can stop that during pregnancy and if anyone is they should too. That wouldn't be something that I simply shrug off like oh well.

like the others have said- I would avoid the Monsters. I still drink coffee- I wouldn' t survive my shifts without it!

As soon as I get that BFP my pack of cigarettes is going in the trash can! Thanks for the input on the caffeine thing, I didn't know the acceptable limit while pregnant. Definitely stopping the monsters now

Yes, what misspriss said. Except the espresso drink park - it depends on how many shots are in it. My espresso maker has 65mg per shot pods so I can have 3 of them at 195mg total.

I stuck to safe pregnancy limits while in the TWW. Usually a cup of coffee in the morning and maybe a second cup or a soda in the afternoon. Glad you're stopping the energy drinks, there's so much stuff in those beyond just caffeine, and it's hard to know what's safe and what isn't.

I know you have gotten your answer but just something to think about, smoking can cause fertility issues too. I am sure that it is hard to stop, but it might be something that you consider. More caffeine would be better than tobacco and smoke for your body, and def. NO monsters or red bull those are dangerous prego or not! One of my best friends is an athletic trainer and has seen 3 early twenty college students die due to Monster and Red Bull. VERY VERY scary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->