Caffeine?

Swsarah

Reaction score
Hello ladies hope your all well

My question is about energy drinks like red bull. Do any of of you still drink them? I don't drink tea or coffee yuck

But I LOVE a good energy drink it picks me up in the morning the same way a coffee would I guess.

I've read up and I know your still allowed some caffeine so why not a energy drink

I've found this https://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/nutrition/foodsafety/caffeine/

It says you can have two energy drinks as long as you don't go over 200mg

What do you think? Is anyone still drinking coffee or drinking energy drinks?
I only drink the sugar free energy cans from lidl love them

I think you're allowed one or two of them a day. They have the same amount of caffeine as tea/coffee just they have lots of sugars and additives. I am a lucozade fan and when my morning sickness is taking it's toll and I can't eat my OH goes and gets me a lucozade and it picks me up.

I can't have alcohol so I tend to have lime cordials and the odd energy drink with my secret sherbit supply ;)

I think you're allowed one or two of them a day. They have the same amount of caffeine as tea/coffee just they have lots of sugars and additives. I am a lucozade fan and when my morning sickness is taking it's toll and I can't eat my OH goes and gets me a lucozade and it picks me up.

I can't have alcohol so I tend to have lime cordials and the odd energy drink with my secret sherbit supply ;)
Thank you, I only have sugar free ones. I've been off them for 5 weeks as I thought they were a big no no. I've been really down today and my husband came back from the shops with some sugar free red bull and I had just half the can I needed it and gosh I feel so much better! Even if I can just have one I'll be over the moon

I actually asked my doc about this because I was drinking 3-4 Red Bulls a day before getting pregnant!! The caffeine is ok... you can have 2-3 caffeine drinks a day. It's all the other stuff in energy drinks that is not good for the little one. I've heard especially the Taurine. So I guess it's another one of those things where you use your own judgement. I'm still eating some things we're not supposed to and drinking a few canned Dr. Peppers a day but I'm staying away from the Red Bull just to be safe! :)

I actually asked my doc about this because I was drinking 3-4 Red Bulls a day before getting pregnant!! The caffeine is ok... you can have 2-3 caffeine drinks a day. It's all the other stuff in energy drinks that is not good for the little one. I've heard especially the Taurine. So I guess it's another one of those things where you use your own judgement. I'm still eating some things we're not supposed to and drinking a few canned Dr. Peppers a day but I'm staying away from the Red Bull just to be safe! :)

Dr. Pepper has been my fix lately too. OH gets me the cans of Dr Pepper instead unless I've been having trouble eating.

I love my Dr. Pepper!! I'll have a few regular ones a day then I get the caffeine free ones. I was soooo glad I didn't have to completely give those up!

i would say to plesse check the effect of taurine on a foetus. I love red bull but have not had any since my :bfp: as i'm fairly certain the taurine is to be avoided rather than the caffeine

I love my Dr. Pepper!! I'll have a few regular ones a day then I get the caffeine free ones. I was soooo glad I didn't have to completely give those up!

There is caffeine free Dr Pepper??? OMG That would be AMAZING! I can't get enough of it but have been limiting myself to 2 cans because I indulge in chocolate too and don't want to take in too much caffeine.

It sayss on the can not to drink when pregnant. In fact it says it on all the energy drinks i've seen.

I woudnt drink them if you can hun, they are not very good even when yr not pregnant. If you read up on aspartamin (this will be in it if its sugar fee).. its really bad stuff..
I would say water, milk, fruit juice, innocent smoothies, decaf teas and coffee are much better for you both xx

sorry chick, if your gunna do it i would stay away from the sugar free version.. xxx think they will make you slump pretty fast 2... i was addicted and ive dropped them along with the full caffeine coffee's and im starting to have lots more energy now rather than the high and the low.. it took about 2 weeks xxx water in the heat is so so good for you.. have something carby to boost yr energy level ..hugs xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->