Cakes & decorating.

alfiesmumma

Reaction score
Really interested in baking and decorating cakes, but have no idea where too start!!

ideas too help get me started please?:)

Following. Im currently in the process of teaching myself how to work with fondants and sugar paste, it is overwhelming and theres lots to learn! I was thinking of asking a similar question lol.

There's an active thread on cake decorating here https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/cooking-baking/1664507-cake-making-baking-all-welcome.html

There's lots of ideas there, and everyone is always on hand to give advice. x x

There are some YouTube channels I watch you may find useful:

Nerdy Nummies - gives lots of fun ideas and is slightly nerdy. She makes things like 3d glasses out of cookies, zebra cake, rainbow cake and just things you would not normally think of. You may not follow her recipes as she normally uses box baking kits but she has some great ideas. She inspired by rainbow cake (it's my avatar lol!)

Dishin' with Di - Her buttercream recipe is awesome! and she goes through everything in a step by step guide which is great.

Have fun!!

Think it's quite important to separate the two categories, all be it you will want to be good at both I'm sure. Baking a good sponge mix or flavoured sponges then of course all of the different decorating techniques!
Also having the right equipment helps so you will have to target a few different techniques and start with those or it can get expensive! Good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->