Calculating a Pregnancy

bonniegirl123

Reaction score
Hello! I just joined this forum.

I am 23. My husband is 27. We have been married almost 3 years!
We have not been trying but also not preventing.

Background here, my last full period started on November 2nd and lasted around 6 - 7 days (as normal). I had a VERY light period (spotting almost, was more brown than a period blood, and goopy) on November 29th that lasted about 2 or 3 days. So this spotting was slightly sooner than my normal period but not uncommon for me to have a shorter cycle. From this spotting on, I have felt bloated and have had extremely tender breasts. I have also have cramps similar to a period cramp but more achy.

Surprisingly, his family (who live several states away) have been asking my husband if we are having a baby. In addition to this, I work as a teacher, and one of my little angels (I teach middle school hahaha) has been telling me there is talk that I am pregnant in the halls. (Is it the glow??) Not saying this is telling but sometimes people know before you do.

I finally took a pregnancy test last night. December 23rd. And I swear before my pee even HIT THE STICK that cross was there. (A Festivus miracle?!) Positive test!

So obviously, I cannot call my doctor yet, be it the Holidays and the weekend. I have a doctors appointment already scheduled for an unrelated check up in January. I plan to call Monday or Tuesday to see if I can come in sooner.

I am posting this to get some insight? When do you think I should "calculate" this pregnancy? I am a math teacher so numbers of all kinds are swirling around my head right now!! :wacko:

Would the November 2nd period be more realistic because it was a full period and I was "symptom free" afterwards? Or is the spotting I had on November 29th - December 1st probably the period I should use to calculate the gestation? Once again, the latter "period" was basically spotting and goopy, not a typical period. After this, I had multiple symptoms. And then a positive test on December 23rd. :thumbup:

If I had to guess I'd say that that light and early period you had was implantation bleeding or maybe breakthrough bleeding but I'd get a dating scan to be sure! Congrats!

Thanks for your reply! That is what I am thinking but obviously I will not know for sure until I go to the doctor! Just wanted some insight :)

I'd agree that nov 2 was last normal period. I doubt that you'd have symptoms or a positive test yet from a period nov 29

I disagree. You can absolutely have a positive test from 11/29. That was 26 days ago. This preg I got clear lines and a 1-2 weeks on cd24 (10dpo) and last pregnancy I had clear lines and a 1-2 weeks on cd23 (also 10dpo). I have had random light periods as well that are just a few days of spotting or light bleeding. Curious to find out

I know the line popped up right away but was it darker than the control?

I'm going to go against the grain and say 11/29 was your lmp. 11/2 would put you a week behind me and at 8 weeks you would know lol. I know every pregnancy is different but I'm guessing you're more like 4w than 8 but either way congrats!

Thank you for your reply! I know what you mean about that I would know, because I feel the same way. I was having symptoms for a few weeks but I'm going to say I was actively ignoring them! I didn't want to believe my pants were getting too snug and then not be pregnant...so I waited a bit to take then test. lmao

There is a good chance 11/29 is the day I should count from!

Omg I love it. My pants got snug super early though and I finally caved and started the rubber band trick a few days ago. But I think if it is darker than the control then it could be the earlier date but if it's not then I'd wager 11/29

The "cross" line was much darker than the control. Which is why I felt like it was a Festivus miracle, I barely had to wait for the results. :haha:

I fluctuated in weight about a year ago due to a medication and still have a pair of pants from this time and those are the jeans that are more comfy to wear and I was just telling myself nooooo...I was blaming the coffee creamer and school caf food I eat every day!!

Awww yeah in that case I have to switch to most likely 11/29 was implant. My test line has never been darker than control until well passed AF due date.

Haha well at least now you can tell yourself it's the baby! ;). We'd be fairly close in gestation. My conception date was 11/6 and I'm a teacher as well, elementary school though

Awesome! :) I love being a teacher, but those kids are like little birds. They say anything and everything, especially middle school. But they are fun lol

Yes, I plan to call tomorrow. I moved recently (for my teaching job haha) so I am far from my general care doctor. I am going to call an OB-GYN closer to me.

Congrats on your baby! Maybe you were a little more accepting of the possibility of a baby?? I have been on BC for so long that when my husband and I decided to "see what happens" I guess I never thought it might happen?

I have wacky cycles like that quite often, when you call the doctor just say I'm not sure when my lmp was, it could be either one of these days. Whenever I wasn't sure, I was given a dating ultrasound at my first appointment to determine the due date.

Awesome! :) I love being a teacher, but those kids are like little birds. They say anything and everything, especially middle school. But they are fun lol

Yes, I plan to call tomorrow. I moved recently (for my teaching job haha) so I am far from my general care doctor. I am going to call an OB-GYN closer to me.

Congrats on your baby! Maybe you were a little more accepting of the possibility of a baby?? I have been on BC for so long that when my husband and I decided to "see what happens" I guess I never thought it might happen?

Aww yeah my 9 year olds gossip but definitely are not at the age where my sudden needs to pee all the time doesn't spark pregnancy questions haha.

We had planned on it then when it happened he bailed. So some days I feel good and others I'm crying and nauseated and terrified and feel like I can't do this.

When you call, I would definitely use the earlier date so they can scan you earlier. That way you can pinpoint gestation. That early care is so important. Plus you don't want to miss out on your gummy bear scan :)

You can do it :hugs:

Thank you for your replies. I hope it's the earlier date as well because then I know things are going well even if I was blatantly ignoring my symptoms lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->