Calculating due date and first appointment?

girldownstair

Reaction score
Hi! I just recently took a pregnancy test due to the fact that my period has been a few weeks late. To my surprise the first test was positive but I had accidentally peed on the test window and had to try another...a big fat positive again!

Me and my other half had been discussing the fact about trying a few months ago but despite the talk we still hadn't really tried, now its came as a surprise and I have to say he seems to be handling in very well compared to me.
Don't get me wrong, I'm overjoyed...but scared at the same time. I keep having questions I don't know who to ask about. We've decided to keep it close to home at least for the first few months and I'm still struggling on how to tell my mom. I'm 26 and I feel silly that of all people I'm scared to tell her.
Then I have the thoughts of how good of a mom will I be? Will I be able to juggle a home, a full time job that switches between first and second shifts? I'm being paranoid but in my head it all seems relatively normal. I don't even feel pregnant, is that normal?

I'm veering away from my original question, sorry! I had started my last period at 8/30/2017 at around 11pm, I found a due date calculator that estimates the due date as June 6-7. Ironically June 7th is my birthday...
It says I would be at 5 weeks, but I read up a bit and would that actually be 4 weeks technically?

And when did you all first go to an appointment? I'd feel silly going in now honestly as I'm still scared that things can happen.

Thank you to all you lovely people on the forums!

Another weird thing I forgot to mention! Is it normal to have cramping down in the pelvic area? Its not severe and honestly I thought it was my period at the time before the tests. It feels more like pangs here and there and sometime a dull throb. I have no spotting or anything of the sorts.

Your due date based on your last period would be the 6th of June, making you 5 weeks pregnant. They will adjust that when you have your first ultrasound probably, so you may end up being a few days earlier or later than that, depending on how baby measures (which will estimate when you actually conceived).

I suspect you are in the U.S., so I don't know what the norm is there, but here we have our first midwife appointment usually around 7-9 weeks. With this pregnancy, I had my first one at 8 weeks exactly.

Yes, some mild period like cramping is completely normal and you'll likely also get round ligament pains, which are sharp pulling pains usually when you stand up or move quickly, caused by the stretching of the ligaments in your pelvis. They can be really painful. Congrats on your pregnancy.

The fact that youre worried about being a good mom shows that you are going to be a good mom. Congratulations. It depends on the Ob but most appts are generally between 8-12 weeks. Mine is 10 but they offer earlier ultrasounds depending on medical history, insurance, their policies etc. with my daughter I was scanned at 7 weeks but didnt have my first official pregnancy appt until 10 weeks. I would find an OB and they should be able to tell you what you should be doing in the meantime- prenatal vitamins, no smoking/drinking and whatnot

Also there is a june due dates pregnancy group (which Im in!) its called “june jewels 2018” its nice to talk with other ladies who are all around the same place in pregnancy to see whats normal and whats not, vent, get advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->