Calgary, AB

I am TTC, but I am in Calgary as well. Nice to see others here

I'm not pregnant anymore, but I am mum to an almost 5-month-old. And I hope to be pregnant again next year! :)
Did you have trouble finding a decent clinic or doctor in town? I know it can be difficult.

hey ladies, im TTC and am in calgary too :hugs:

welcome...i think this tread has been off the radar...

Another Calgary mom-to-be here!

Which hospitals are people using for their birth? I will be at RGH. Anyone has experience of the RGH maternity unit?

I am in NW so will be at foothills...also because of my twin pregnancy...i am totally drawing a blank RGH??? Is that the one on 14th? I cant think of the name...lol

No, sorry.
I delivered at PLC. Are you taking any of the Health Region's birth and babies classes? They sort of discuss what to expect in hospital. There's also a website with some info. I think it's been updated recently.

Yep, I just signed up for the pre-natal classes which will be at the Rockyview where I will be delivering. I think there is a tour you can do also so that should be pretty useful too :)

Another Calgary mom-to-be here!

Which hospitals are people using for their birth? I will be at RGH. Anyone has experience of the RGH maternity unit?

I delivered my two children there. I found it very crowded, and under staffed. I will probably deliver there again :hissy:, though I don't really want to.

Though I had to have an emergancy d and c at the Rocky View (I had a miscarriage a month earlier, and the Foothills had told me there was no reminance of pregnancy, a month later I was rushed to the hosptial because they were wrong). The Rocky View was fast, compassionite, and took there jobs very seriously. So even though I believe they are understaffed, in an emergancy happens they do an awesome job.

Where online can you check out classes?? Rockeyview...of course...geeeeshhh...pregnancy brain already?? LOL

I will be at Foothills as well because I live in the NW. We are registered for a 6 week class at the Children's hospital in October.

Hey all, I am from Calgary, in the deep SE. I delivered at RGH and had a Great experience. I laboured for three days so got to meet Many Many staff and all the nurses were SOOOOOOOO nice. The Nurse I had for the delivery was amazing, very friendly, and very knowledgable. The whole team made me feel at ease. I had a really good doctor do my epidural,... I think his name was Eric... or maybe Nick... Damn... it has totaly slipped my mind, but he was GREAT and I didn't feel a thing. All the other staff were female. Also I really liked the birthing rooms, very comfortable :) Good Luck!!

Oh, one note though, when Aloura was two days old she got sick and we were told by the first start emergency line to take her to RGH, however when we were there one of the nurses told me I should have taken her to the ACH, she was really nice and just said that the emergency room at RGH doesn't really have the right tools to deal with newborns. my LO had to have 3 catheders put in :( and they couldn't find ones small enough, also, they found it really hard to do b/c she was so small and they are used to doing it on bigger people. Also she said that she hates to see babies in there b/c there are so many sick people etc, she was surprised that the help line had told us to go there. The next day we were transfered to the Alberta's Childrens Hospital and they were great. Thank god we have not had to go back to the hospital since, but if we ever do I will take her to the ACH.

I just (3 weeks ago) gave birth at Foothills. You thought Rockyview was crowded and shortstaffed!

Hi there! Not sure if any of you ladies are still on this thread? I've just joined BnB, I'm living in Manchester (UK) right now but am from Calgary and will be moving back next year. I'm wttc until then. Nice to say hello!

Congratulations to all of you who have had your little ones! (Pux - DH loves the photo of your baby in the Flames babygro!)

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"