Call for children donor awareness

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
Children born with the help of donated sperm or eggs should have the fact recorded on their birth certificates, a group of MPs and peers has suggested. (continued at link)

https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6924615.stm

Nooooooooooo

Thats just WRONG in many ways how f'ing stupid is that idea!! A birth cert. is used for ID etc as well NO WAY NO WAY NO WAY!

I can't even word how appauling that would be in my eyes!

Yeah, it's almost labeling them..like in the old days when the mother wasn't married or the father wasn't around..they actually put "*******" Surely, nobody will accept that. I wouldn't!

sitting on fence here as not sure........

My b/f and I had dinner tonight and I was telling he about this thread. She brought up something I'd forgotten about. One of our other friend's aunts has three kids through artificial insimination.(SP?) Years ago, we all asked her how she'd explain that whole situation to them. One of her concerns was that because the donor had so many kids in this are that one of hers could actually end up marrying a relative without even knowing it. I think I'd have the same worry. But, I don't think I'd like my baby labeled in a manner that made him/her feel inadequate. So, hopefully they can come up with a better method to keep track of whose who. BTW, she went back and purchased ALL of his remaining donations. LOL Talk about $$$$$$

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->