• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Call from Midwife - Now I'm confused

misslulabella

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Had my long awaited first call from the midwife today. I've been booked in to see her at the clinic on the 30th December and a scan has been booked for when I'm 12 weeks, she'll also arrange for a home visit after the initial visit.

However she has my last period down as 22nd October which was basically a day and a half of very light bleeding and just 2 weeks after my full period. When I saw the doctor she said this wasn't a period and was an implantation bleed and dated me from the 8th October making me 10 weeks at the moment, however the midwife is going from the 22nd making me just 8 weeks which means my scan and appointment etc have been set back.

I'm convinced that I'm 10 weeks, I'm showing so much already and annoyed I have to wait longer now. The midwife said the scan is the only real way to show how far gone I am and I'll just have to wait....

Is this normal or should I ask for an earlier scan..

I think I'm getting impatient in my old age lol and confused that I've been dated differetly by two people.

Think I'll keep my ticker as it is until the scan though :)

Anyone else had this?

Louise xx

I would just wait, 2 weeks doesn't really make much difference this early in the game. Good luck with your appointment and scan!

I think its just frustrating as I was hoping I was nearing the safe point of 12 weeks and now I'm not at all sure where I am in it :)

Just want to be able to start telling the world I guess, but also wanting to know everything is ok with the little one and I'm safe to do so.

I know 2 weeks isn't a vast amount of time, but it means I've another month before I know my risk of MC has dropped significantly, and I was getting excited that I was only a week and a half away from that :)

At least I have Christmas and new Year to distract me :)

xxx

Yeah I totally understand where you are coming from. Hopefully when you have the scan they will date you at the one you think you are - and I would keep thinking you are that, since your last 'period' was obviously not a period at all. :hugs:

you could ask for an earlier scan, but they might give you one unless you are considered at risk. You could pay for a private one though.... GL!

I have considered paying for a private one :) I think they are around 120 pounds though, which is a lot of money for the sake of 2 weeks :)

I'll definitely stick to the dates the doctor gave me for now and I guess the midwife needs to go by the last bleed just in case as it would mean I'd need more scans if it was booked too early.

I am excited that I'm booked in now though, its finally starting to seem real and I'm getting more excited at the prospect of being a mummy.

xxx

Mine was £65, but I was very paranoid! Best thing ever though seeing your lo's heartbeat! GL for the scan, will you keep us posted?

Mine was £65, but I was very paranoid! Best thing ever though seeing your lo's heartbeat! GL for the scan, will you keep us posted?

Absolutely :) 65 is very reasonable... if I could find one for that would definitely book on in just to see the heartbeat :) Will have to phone around xxx

Well my scan was in Reading if you fancied the trek!

If you hang on and start thinking of yourself as being 2 weeks behind...imagine how fab it will be if they tell you that your are actually 2 weeks further along when you have your scan! Also, if the dates you have been given are correct there will be no disappointment of they keep you at those after the scan. Good luck hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"