Calling all charters!!

Keds195

Reaction score
Hello ladies,
Well me and dh are on cycle 7 of ttc #1. I use opks and get a positive each month I have very regular cycles. No known fertility problems but we are yet to have any tests.
So I thought this cycle we are trying a few things
1. Healthy eating. Lost 8lb this week. Made up.
2. More bding. We're going to try every day.
3. RELAX. Easier said than done but worth a try.
4. Temping.

I particularly excited about number 4. My thermometer arrived today so tomorrow will by my first temp.
So I was just wondering if anyone had any hints or tips for a first timer??
Thanks in advance ladies xx

Thats really nice dear you are starting temping , now ur gonna knw ur cycle even more!.
and what more ull knw if u ovulate or not!1..its really exciting and I really love temping!!

so ya as ur starting just download FF app on ur phone and if possible go thru its lessons
those are v easy, just to give u gist f it,
1. bbt is the temp of ur body at rest so the moment u wake up without getting up u need to take ur temp,u and everyday at the same time.(half n hour less or more is fine but try ur best to take it the same tme)
2. ur sleep should be of alteast 4 hrs continous when u taking ur temp
3. if u sleep with ur mouth open its more advisable to take it vaginally(I really have no idea much abt it..cuz I sleep well,)
4. whatever temp u get u can just ,log it down in the app, app is very much intelligible so ull be able to understand how to go about it
5. by the time ur opk turns positive ull see aset of pattern of ur temp(lower) once it again becomes negative there will be different pattern of temp (higher than the above)
by again negative I Mean when ur opk turns positive next is u OV so after u ov u see ur temp rising..cause f higher progestrone. so when u see three consistent temp rise the ov is confirmed and as long as the temp remains up its ur LP(luteal phase length)

so I think I have pretty much summed up all..so its a good thing to start with
first cycle ull knw more as u go on temping and just remain consistent which is the key!!
at the end ull observe the complete pattern of ur cycle

so GL dear!! Lots f baby dust ur way!!

Thank you very much for replying. Means a lot. I was thinking there was no one out there lol.
I work shifts so every other week I have to get up at 5am. So I will set my alarm for 5am every day. I can't wait to see all my temps at the end of the month and see if I do actually ovulate. It's quite exciting.
I'm currently cd9 and my temp today was 35.51 does that sound about right?

Thanks again xx

I was just thinking of asking something about this. I hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread!

When is the best day of the cycle to start taking temp? The first day (first day of period)?

Hi no course I don't mind. Hijack away.
I think you should chart cd1 but I only ordered my thermometer the other day so couldn't start til cd7 I think. But hopefully will still see a pattern x

Hey keds it's ok now tht u have started at cd7 u've nt missed much so it's perfectly fine and temp for everyone is different so just keep taking it every morning and ull see the pattern for sure I do mine in Fahrenheit

Loch,
Yes cd1 is the day ur period starts and it marks the beginning of our cycle so temping from cd1 is correct!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->