Calling All Chatty Cathys

i moved here 9 years ago, right after graduating college. i was an exchange student here in high school and did a semester abroad in college too, so i have a splattering of friends from all different times i've been here and now i've been here so long that all my friends are here. i keep in touch with a small handful of friends who are now all over; my 2 best friends live in washington dc and australia!:wacko:

i'm not super close with my family, so i don't tend to miss them day to day. i miss it when i see photos on facebook of everyone else all together and i'm notably NOT there. that makes me sad. and sometimes it hits when i least expect it. but that's not really "homesick" to me. japan has become home. and yet, it's a place i will never "belong" so i end up feeling like i'm not really tied to anywhere.

then i met my husband (online:haha:) who was stationed here and we got married and i moved onto the military base. so now i live in "mini america" with all the conveniences of the states, but i can walk outside the gates and be in japan. it's a bizarre way to live. but it's the best of both worlds, i guess though?:shrug::thumbup:

tankel, where are you from? we will be leaving japan in less than 2 years. any recommendations on where we should move??:haha:

I'm from South Florida. I've lived here my whole life--though I don't recommend you move here at all :haha:. My whole family is here and I am close with them all (thus the homesick question). We would all like to migrate north a bit, but you know how that will never happen. No way you can get 6 different families to move anywhere! I'm not too keen on raising a family in the bustle of soflo...the traffic is horrible, violence is high, and everyone is on top of one another. Not to mention that soflo's idea of culture is night clubs!

I always wanted to visit Japan. Maybe one day... It sounds like you live a very interesting life. You must be WAY more out-going than I am to move to a different country like that.

So when are you expected to O? Are you going to try for a dec baby?

Normally I have 5 week cycles, and I'm expecting to O around the 20th-25th mark (maybe) but my body hates me so I probably won't O at all or something stupid, this is so frustrating!

I hope to O around the same time. That is if my cycles stay the same after the miscarriage. So we can be TWW buddies!

It is very hard to remain calm while TTC. The ups and downs alone are excruciating not to mention the constant questioning: "Is this normal? Am I normal?" I hope you get you sticky bean this cycle :bunny:. and I am here to keep you company while you :coffee:

So when are you expected to O? Are you going to try for a dec baby?

Normally I have 5 week cycles, and I'm expecting to O around the 20th-25th mark (maybe) but my body hates me so I probably won't O at all or something stupid, this is so frustrating!

I hope to O around the same time. That is if my cycles stay the same after the miscarriage. So we can be TWW buddies!

It is very hard to remain calm while TTC. The ups and downs alone are excruciating not to mention the constant questioning: "Is this normal? Am I normal?" I hope you get you sticky bean this cycle :bunny:. and I am here to keep you company while you :coffee:

:) thanks, its been a long time trying for us, how long have you been trying for? if you don't mind me asking :blush:

EDIT: Never mind... just read your signature, doesnt appear on my phone... sorry...

Hi ladies...I've been enjoying the posts the last few days. Jump I grew up an Air Force brat so I know how challenging it can be living in a foreign place.

Sorry I've been Mia this week. Had my annual on Tuesday and silly me had them do a test. Even though I knew it would be negative it still broke my heart. I'm cd 32 today and still no af, so I know I'm not out yet, I just don't feel pregnant like I did the last times. Who knows. I think what's making all this harder is next weekend is the year anniversary of losing the baby. It's hitting me hard girls...is next week or so is going to be rough and I just keep hoping for that rainbow baby that HAS to be on their way!!!

Hope you are all doing well. Sunshine enjoy your break...I'm on the tail end of mine and go back to teaching Monday.

Tankel How are you hanging in?

Hi ladies...I've been enjoying the posts the last few days. Jump I grew up an Air Force brat so I know how challenging it can be living in a foreign place.

Sorry I've been Mia this week. Had my annual on Tuesday and silly me had them do a test. Even though I knew it would be negative it still broke my heart. I'm cd 32 today and still no af, so I know I'm not out yet, I just don't feel pregnant like I did the last times. Who knows. I think what's making all this harder is next weekend is the year anniversary of losing the baby. It's hitting me hard girls...is next week or so is going to be rough and I just keep hoping for that rainbow baby that HAS to be on their way!!!

Hope you are all doing well. Sunshine enjoy your break...I'm on the tail end of mine and go back to teaching Monday.

Tankel How are you hanging in?

well, i chose to move to japan, and it became home to me...but moving on base made the limbo a weird-er version of limbo. not in the US, feel at home with my japanese friends, but live on base, so my day to day is "american" but when we got married, i was a "local" even though i'm american. they didn't know what to do with us, it was funny:

"i'm getting married and need the paperwork for xyz."
"are you marrying a japanese national?"
"no, she's american."
"oh, so she's in the states?"
"no, she's in japan."
*blank/confused look*:haha:

i'm sorry to hear it's been rough. i haven't made it to babyjump's due date yet, but can only imagine all those dates just become so hard.:hugs::hugs:

Heehee jump that is so funny, I bet you did get some funny looks doing that!!

Not going to lie the dates are hard. Due date was sort of okay because I was newly pregnant again, but then found out it was a blighted ovum that same week. Realizing everything you think you should have and don't is the hardest part for me.

I've just had my due date for peachy, it was the actually even harder than i thought it was going to be, especially when my cousin is pregnant and so excited /: i think this mothers day is going to be hard, i should actually be a mother this time, instead i'm a deflated mess.

hopefully we'll all get there soon, Baby dust for everyone :dust:

Oh lovelies :friends:, I'm sorry for all the hardships. I am not too close to my due date yet, though I am (still) counting the weeks. I'm like today I would have been half way there. Or today I could be finding out the gender. Hope we all get our rainbows soon. :hugs:

i have a feeling i'm not going to do well this month, i just broke a mirror, bad juju all over that /:

Naw, No bad juju allowed here. We are a great mojo place! :bunny::bunny:

haha, i do love those dancing rabbits! i'm just quite superstitious.

I'm way superstitious too kittycat, but we won't let you have any bad juju!!! ��. Where are you on your cycle kittycat?

Jump and tankel did you hit o yet?

Sunshine how are you feeling?

Am...I'm on cd 33 today. Checked back though all of the cycles I charted on ff since the mc and my longest was 35 days. I guess we are still in a holding pattern. I felt pretty nauseous this afternoon and ive been tired the past week or so. Plus an increase of cm. however I've had these symptoms before and bfn, so I refuse to test. Po really can't handle seeing a white stick again. ��

got a positive OPK yesterday afternoon, and tried to BD last night...but couldn't finish.:nope: i don't know if it's because we BDed the previous 2 days, or because of the medicine he started taking...but it's hard. we'll see if we can even get in the mood today, i'm feeling pretty defeated. but no temp spike this morning, so no O as of yet. probably will get a temp spike tomorrow or monday morning.

sort of half tempted to stop trying...:cry:

I've been there before and it sucks. I always take it personally like it's something I am doing wrong, but I truly believe it does just happen sometimes. We've been on an every other day schedule per the ob. Said dtd every other day starting at day 10. I don't opk, but sometimes wish I did because I neve know when i o.

No real advice, just know that I'm thinking of you and crossing my fingers that good things are on the way for you.

Stacyb782 - i'm on day 8, so early on :)

i think i may O early this month (if that's possible), i'm already getting slippery CM, i was 9 days late for AF, then it only lasted 3 days, so i should be on day 17 if AF had arrived when it was supposed to. i don't know, this is so confusing!

my cycles are usually 35-37 days, i feel you on the can't see a white stick again though! I hope its a BFP for you!

Thanks kittykat...trying not to get my hopes up but still no af!!!

So couldn't help,myself and tested...bfn. :( ugh I just can't stand how my body has all of these signs towards pregnancy and then nada. I just want a baby. I don't think its too much to ask. :(

I've been there before and it sucks. I always take it personally like it's something I am doing wrong, but I truly believe it does just happen sometimes. We've been on an every other day schedule per the ob. Said dtd every other day starting at day 10. I don't opk, but sometimes wish I did because I neve know when i o.

No real advice, just know that I'm thinking of you and crossing my fingers that good things are on the way for you.
it's not so much that i take it personally, exactly...i have been on similar medications and it makes your sex drive tank:dohh: so i "get" that, but at the same time, i force myself to have sex when i know we need to, to get a baby. and the fact that he doesn't seem to get THAT, or do the same, to reach the mutual goal is hard to swallow.:nope: but when i say i'm tempted to just give up, he says, "we can't give up" so i don't get it. does he want to do what we have to do to get a baby or not?!:wacko:...sigh. i guess it's easier for us women, in some respect...there's no focus on finishing for us; we are just sperm receptacles.:roll: :)haha:)

So couldn't help,myself and tested...bfn. :( ugh I just can't stand how my body has all of these signs towards pregnancy and then nada. I just want a baby. I don't think its too much to ask. :(
it's not. it really isn't.:sad1: when's AF due?

It's not over until the fat lady sings... or AF shows up unwanted... some people take longer to implant, you could have O'd late there are lots of reasons you could be positive without the test yet sweetheart.

i'm not trying to get your hopes up, i'm just trying to get you to stay positive! i know its hard, believe me, me and hubby have been trying for over 2 years now. its definitely not too much to ask and i promise it will come to you. :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->