Calling all clearblue digital OPK users!!!

KittyKatBabe

Pruod Mummy to Zara Jane
Reaction score
Hi Girls,

For those who are using the clearblue digital OPK tests, I am starting to use these and it says that OPK gets detected at 24 -36 hours before with these tests, I have done one this morning and it came back negative, which I expect as I think I will OV sunday so outside this range, but I was wondering for those that test with these at what day they usually got the smiley face.

I.e. do you know if it is always when it is 24 hours before or maybe before then?

Just trying to work out how many tests I am likely to use in my cycle, they are still coming back to normal after my m/c so trying to anticipate things such as cost as hoping I ain't testing for 7 days lol.

Thanks for any replies

x x

Baby :dust: to you all

Well....last month....i got a smiley face yet FF was adamant that I'd ovulated 2 days before !!

Had a smiley face today...FF predicting OV tommorrow x

I just said this on another post but will put it again in case you don't read it! My smiley showed on cd17, then ff showed ovulation on c18.

Jo x

Fabbo girls so with that I would expect get my smiley face 24 hours before - which according to FF is sunday. Stopped doing BBT as I wasn't very good at it lol plus the beeps woke up OH and he needs his beauty sleep lol.

jojo - when you said ff says OV happened on CD18 was this because of the temp taking?

Hiya. Last month I got my smilley face on CD18 and FF told me I ovulated on CD19 (this was due to a temp rise). Therefore from my experience the 24 -36 timeframe is correct.

Good luck x

yes it said that because it was day before the temp rise. I agree'd with it too! xx

I'm planning on using these too once af returns from recent stillbirth. They sound quite reliable from the comments.

Just wondered at what time of day people tested with the clearblue digital opk.

Thanks

I got my smiley face about 24 hours befiore my temp rise.

BabyC091109 : I used mine about 12pm each day. I would test with IC OPKs from CD10-CD15 then the CB digi OPK from CD16-> but I O'd regularly on CD 18.

:dust:

Hello

I use CB digital oving tests and I wasn't getting a smiley face as I was using FMU.

Apparently it can take a few hours for your body to register the hormone so you are best to test between 2pm-6pm. Make sure you have held your urine for approx 4 hours if possible.

When I tested at 2pm I got a Smiley face that was Sunday 6th December and I've been temping for the first time this month and FF said I ovulated on Monday 7th due to my temp dip. So the 24-36hrs is probably correct.

No point in re-testing once you've got your smiley face.

Sending you :dust: x

oh babyco91109 so sorry you lost your baby, can't guess how hearbreaking that must be. Its good to see you in a strong enough place to come try again.
and yes the clearblue are great and I even use them first thing in morning as its easier.

Good luck this month
xx

i use the clear blue opk's.....i tend to always use it first urine as find it easier & then i dont 4get! says on packet that first urine is ok ( states most women find first urine easier to do). I always get my smiley face on same day each mth....assume i ovulate next day. But always dtd every other day leading up to smiley face, again on smiley face day, day after & then day after just to be sure! lol.....this is our 16 cycle off ttc number 2 & really hoping we get our BFP this time! xx

Good luck hun hope you do as I wish us all the same result. x x

I did mine with FMU and it says the test should detect successfully with this. Plus as u say its easier for me then x

glad this thread it here!! i have a question too!!

I never got full positive OPK's on IC's, so will i still get a smiley face on a digital?

if i am out this month i will get some of these.

Well I can't guarantee you would get the smile face hun, but from everything I have found when I have done my research is that it is more likely you would get a smiley face as it cuts out the guesswork of is the line dark enough etc. Hence why I am using them as I can never tell if darker or right etc. They are 99% more accurate allegedly.

Ps I got them cheaper on ebay, got them for £12 delivered.

Thanks I think I will try it along side temping next mth.

glad this thread it here!! i have a question too!!

I never got full positive OPK's on IC's, so will i still get a smiley face on a digital?

if i am out this month i will get some of these.

Would have to say YES!
I never get a propper pos on the little sticks and was unsure if i was even ovulating or not, so got clearblue smiley face tests and they were fab, tested from day 10 as i thought i ov'd early and got smiley face on 5th test, it was great!!
I always use fmu as i find it easy, i can, and i dont forget either! And i could not hold wee for 4 hours or more unless it was at night!!:haha:

And lastly got mine on amazon where they were much cheaper, think i can mention where i got them! They were delivered quick and were about £13 not the upwards of £19 in chemists.

Good luck all, I have some cheapies left but think i will go back to these this month, the cheapies are rubbish...you really do get what you pay for!

:hugs: xx

Hey girls,

they are great, I used one for first time yesterday got a negative result. Then I did my next one on Day 11 with my FMU and bingo got the smiley face. So easy to read - I am a true convert. I will be doing these from here on in. So with my test being a smiley face I believe I am OV tomorrow, would you say this is right babythinkpink??

However for me they are being used to 'reduce' my chance this month, we are only starting in the new year again. Bit gutted but big woo hoo to them for working lol.
x

Right im gonna start using mine then FMU as it be easier for me to do this.. Thanks ladies, im still awaiting ovulation on my clomid cd15 today :(
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"