Calling all coffee addicts

crazycatlady5

Reaction score
Hey all - what are you guys ordering at Starbucks (or your fave coffee shop) now that you're pregnant?

I know you can still have some caffeine in pregnancy, I haven't gone completely cold turkey, but I'm trying to limit my intake.

I used to have a grande size cup a day and would get headaches if I skipped, but surprisingly since getting pregnant I haven't got the headaches! So I'm trying to cut it out. But my fave drink was an iced coffee and they don't make them decaf :(. So I'm on the lookout for a new delish decaf drink. And just curious what others are doing.

Half caff white chocolate mocha or decaf if I've already had coffee for the day...the last couple days I've only had a quarter of a cup but that's only because I had no taste for coffee for about a week and didn't want to start back to a full cup a day right away, when I was in college we had this awful experiment where we had to kill chicken embryos and we had a choice to do it with either alcohol or caffeine, my lab partner and I used caffeine so I'm always concerned about my caffeine intake while pregnant.

I lived in Italy for a long time so I was super used to my morning cappuccino, I made it at home and used homemade almond milk, but as soon as I found out I was pregnant I quit cold turkey.. now I have freshly squeezed oj or a green smoothie :)

Decaf cappuccino for me! I cut caffeine out a while back to make it easier because I do drink a fair amount of coffee. I love Starbucks cappuccino so much!

I love my coffee. .but to be honest I stopped drinking it when I found out. I did try the lighter coffee but to me it didn't tastethe same. .. and I actually don't miss it.

I was drinking one coffee in the morning and before I got my bfp I thought I would continue with one cup a day but I decided to try and drink tea instead and im doing fine thank god :) i thought i was seriously addicted to coffee but 1-2 cups of tea seem to be a good replacement for me :) while I was overseas I had tea lattes at Starbucks and they were divine but they don't make them here in Australia :-( i went to a cibos today and they had never heard of it but made one for me anyway :)

I think our bodies just know we're pregnant and take away that caffeine craving. Which is such a relief!

I use K-cups so I can be sure of the caffeine content. I drink 1-2 cups at 60mg each per day. I never had morning sickness and my coffee craving never went away.

My coffee in the morning was my favorite! I did continue to drink it until one day I just couldn't stomach it. Everyonce in a while I'll have a steeped tea instead. Also, at Starbucks the only thing I can get down is a lime chiller and that's 91mg caffeine for a tall. That paired with the almond blossom pastry- divine!

I have been accused of needing a coffee drip to be human in the past. I just got my BFP two days ago, but for the past couple weeks I haven't been drinking as much. I quit taking my morning cup yesterday though and my head is pounding now -.-

I was a big coffee lover, normally 3-4 cups a day. But about a week before my BFP I went right off it and haven't drunk it since. At the moment I'm really craving tea and I have about 2 or 3 cups of decaf tea a day. I also really love a chai latte (99% naturally caffeine free).

Oh no dragon chaser, that's what I was afraid would happen to me, and of course we can't take Advil which tends to work way better than tylonel for me anyway. Maybe you could ease off it and just try a half cup in the morning rather than go off cold turkey?

My husband ordered a flan latte the other day. I took a sip and it tasted like an ash tray (... I'm not saying I've tasted the contents of an ashtray before but I used to smoke.) So no more coffee for me for now. I just ask for those orange banana smoothies.

I found a good new one to try, iced decaf hazelnut latte. So delicious! More expensive than my iced coffee I'm used to though, and possibly more calories, so I'll have to still limit my Starbucks visits I think.

Decaf coffee frappuccino. They can make anything Decaf... I work with a girl who is a former Starbucks employees and assured me, it is possible!

I dunno. That's just what she told me. She said there's going to be traces of caffeine in pretty much all their drinks, but the decaf is still way less than normal. I love iced coffee too... I'll test it out at my Starbucks tomorrow

I had a appointment with my Primary Doctor today, and she told me to avoid aggravating my migraine history she's fine with me having 2 cups of a caffeinated beverages a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->