*Calling all fashionistas*- what are the trends at the mo and what key pieces....

porkypig

Reaction score
should I have in my wardrobe?

Im going shopping next week and just want to start getting a few things for the summer. I always end up trawling the shops not really knowing what im looking for and coming home with nothing. What key things should I have in my wardrobe that will see me through this summer? xx

sorry I am no fashionista - don't have the time or the money these days :nope: Most days I just grab the closest thing that isn't covered in sick,food,snot etc ( from the children I might add ) If I did ever get the chance to indulge it would have to be maxi dress, linen trousers and flip flops - something light and comfortable. :thumbup:

sorry I am no fashionista - don't have the time or the money these days :nope: Most days I just grab the closest thing that isn't covered in sick,food,snot etc ( from the children I might add ) If I did ever get the chance to indulge it would have to be maxi dress, linen trousers and flip flops - something light and comfortable. :thumbup:

i know the feeling and ive only got one child, let alone 3!!

i havent been shopping for ages as my lo HATES the shops with a passion and its only because my mum & dad are taking him out that i get a day to go to the shops by myself! xx:happydance:

Definately maxi dresses, peter pan collars, chiffon, bright colours, tailored shorts, chinos, high waisted and the straw hat if thats you're kinda thing! xx

i might get some tailored shorts and ive seen some high waisted jeans i like in Topshop-thanks hun! xx

i might get some tailored shorts and ive seen some high waisted jeans i like in Topshop-thanks hun! xx

The high waisted jeans from topshop if its the black or denim ones are on ebay for like £20 new!

Im loving maxi dresses at the minute :)

I got a few pairs of camel/khaki colored pants, and some grey harem pants before I got pregnant.
Doesn't look like I'll be wearing them for a while, but I think they'd be essential if I wasn't pregnant.
Also, bright chiffon blouses, anything one shouldered, also loving the lace everywhere! I have a really pretty cream lace top (not see through) and gladiator sandals.
Maxi dresses are a must for the summer, and for casual wear I love skinny jeans with a cute t-shirt & flat pumps, or leggings with a long top and gladiator sandals.
High waisted shorts, tailored cut. City shorts! Half tops look great with leggings (with another top underneath obviously).
Cardigans! I love cardigans, they go with everything (leggings, dresses, trousers).
Basically, anything coral or purple, and gold/khaki/camel/cream.
Hope that helped. I really wish I could wear all my favorite clothes now :( :flower:

Breton tops (stripey ones!) I live in them!

Zara is great at the moment :thumb:

i love Zara! My other shops i like are H & M, Topshop, River Island (sometimes, although i find it a bit hit and miss) xx

Palazzos, hareems comfy but smart oh and chinos

ive got a pair of palazzos, but i dont know if anyone else feels a bit silly wearing them or its just me? i dont know why! xx

ive got a pair of palazzos, but i dont know if anyone else feels a bit silly wearing them or its just me? i dont know why! xx

Lol I did at first but EVERYONE has them on!..There so comfy I see them as a smarter version of trackie bottoms that i refuse to wear LOL

Toe thong sandals, wedges, maxi dresses, crochet waistcoats, cropped denim jacket, linen trousers, bright colours, high waisted, crop tops. I would also invest in a pair of white linen trousers, they look great and are so comfy :flower:

OOOH fashion! My favourite topic!! Well maxi dresses are definitely in, those mini shorts that everyone is wearing, they're like hot pants but you wear them with tights so it doesn't look that bad. Harem trousers are kinda in still, but there are these 70's flaired type of trousers that I see a lot of girls wearing, they seem more for taller people though so I wouldn't wair them cos I'm quite short. I think they're called wide leg pants and look for a lot of 60's dresses theyre back in :D xx hope I helped ya xx

thanks everyone! im off to trawl some websites in prep for my shopping trip! keep the ideas coming girls xx

im quite liking the cropped denim jacket for the day time and maybe those open 'no-button' blazers in cream/nude for more of an evening look. ive got a pair of black harems that i bought 2 years ago but i always find that knowing what shoes to wear with them is a problem, ii suppose sandals. the crochet cardigans-i like on people but i dont think i like them for myself, i dont know, id have to try it on xx

Florals
Lace & crochet seems to be about a lot
I love maxi dresses for summer
White classic pieces that you can mix with on trend items

x

Maxi dresses definitely, there are soo many lovely ones out there.
Floral summer/tea dresses
Satchel bags & loafers/mocassins
Denim cropped jackets & blazers, especially earthy/nude colours.

Definitely try and get things that suit your body shape, and things you feel nice and comfortable :thumbup:
I like the chino trend but I tried them on and looked awful!!

xXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"