Calling all ladies on low dose aspirin please =)

ciz

Mum to 2 girls and boy.. bub #4 due December 2023
Reaction score
hi everyone.

so this week i lost my 4th pregnancy since October last year. my emotions are seriously drained. So while I was at the EPU yesterday the doctor suggested low does of aspirin but only after I have blood tests to see what may be causing me to lose the pregnancies.

Have or are any of you lovely ladies trying this method after suffering recurrent miscarriages?

Just to recap Im not taking it yet, doctors appointment in 2 weeks for my bloods to be done, there does seem to be afew family members who do suffer with blood clots so hopefully I will get an answer on that one too.

just would like extra advice from the ladies who are taking it

thank you xx

I'm sorry for your losses hun, I know what recurrent miscarriges are like. I've had 9 chemicals, 6 first tri losses and 1 loss at 18 weeks. It was suggested I take asprin but for me personally it didn't work but the way I thought was it really can't hurt to try. I really do hope you get to the bottom of your losses, I hope you get your rainbow really soon. Hugs.

I took it when I was pregnant with daughter. I had had 2 chemicals and 3 miscarriages earlier in life and then had a surprise pregnancy in my 40's and my OB had me start asprin right away. I never had any blood tests or anything regarding my losses, but my OB said it couldn't hurt so I took it all thru my pregnancy. Gl hun, and so sorry about your losses.

Sorry for your losses Hun. I had 4mc before my little boy and with him I didn't take aspirin but I was on progesterone pessaries (cyclogest) until 12 weeks. I am currently 10 weeks pregnant with number 2 and the EPU have put me back on progesterone as well as low dose aspirin. They said I prob don't need it but it's their protocol. I personally swear by the progesterone and think that has contributed to my successful pregnancies. Might be worth asking about that too? Good luck Hun x

I havent had experience of miscarriage *touch wood* but last pregnancy I was put on baby aspirin early on and then I was told to stop taking it around 32 weeks. Something to do with it not being very good for the baby when you reach that milestone. There is a history of DVT (deep vein thrombosis) in my family so as a precaution I had the low dose of aspirin and then followed by heparin after my first birth. I havent started taking it yet as I havent made my doctor appointment yet but I'm guessing it'll be the same this time around too. But that is my experience anyway! I didnt even consider the fact they put me on it was to stop a potential reason to miscarriage. I would say I had to be put on an anti acid as i found the baby aspirin made my acid reflux worse last time! Think it was ranitidine.

I was not on it for recurrent miscarriages, I was on it to prevent the re-occurrence of severe pre-eclampsia. I was started at the end of the first tri and took it right up until my induction. I did not develop pre-eclampsia again.

I'm on it (until Sunday when I turn 36 weeks) for recurrent miscarriage. I've had sixteen first trimester loses and a stillbirth at 24+3 recurrently, I've also had a 36+6 stillbirth previous to that. I did have a dvt after my second stillbirth too. Aspirin alone doesn't work for me but I know lots who it did :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->