Calling all lovely ladies with PCOS!

lauren1991

Reaction score
Thought I would start a little thread about how hard it can be TTC with pcos and to ask for a little advice.

A little about me: I'm Lauren, I'm 22 and my husband is coming up for 27, we have a little boy who is a year and a half and a furry baby whos 3! :)

We've been together 4 years and together we have had 3 pregnancies , ive had one extra with an ex a long time ago that ended in a mc.

We had our first miscarriage in November 2011. Finally blood work was done and I was told I have a higher level of testosterone. I had a scan after my second miscarriage that said it looked like I had a touch of pcos with enlarged ovaries etc.

My doctor put me on metformin 500mg daily initially then to up it on the 2nd of Feb 2012 but I had a positive pregnancy test on the 1st march which resulted in my little terror (I continued metformin through my whole pregnancy)

Back again TTC for about 3 months now. First month I wasn't ovulating so I went back to the doctor at a different surgery and she gave me metformin again at the dose of 500mg again. I had a ultrasound done a couple of months ago due to having sharp pains on my left side so they were checking me out. Everything was fine. My doctor even told me my ovaries were of a normal size etc (this was prior to restarting metformin)

Fast forward to last month. I ovulated! Clearblue didn't pick it up though but internet cheapies did. My positives don't seem to be glaringly positive but I had a period and thought I'll start a new batch of Clearblue advanced digis once my period had stopped. Low and behold it was a solid face, turns out my so called period was actually a miscarriage so that all ended the 15th may. I think I had another positive on the cheapies on the 22nd may although my cb was just measuring high all the time. Had a horrible evap line 2 days ago and af arrived last night!

That's my story. Its a bit long but what the hell.

Has anyone upped their dose of metformin by themselves?

Good luck & baby dust to all!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->