Calling all Mid-November Testers!!!

I'm waiting to O right now. CD 10 here. Expecting to O on CD 14.

Temping for the first time this cycle and it's a little bit frustrating. I had a big drop in temp this morning. Not sure it's a sign of anything...I haven't gotten a positive OPK yet, but I had slept with the window open last night. I noticed I had a drop in temp the last time I slept with the window open, so I threw out both temps. I guess I need to warm that thermometer up before I temp, huh?

I sleep with my thermometer in my pillowcase. DH likes to sleep with the fan on, so things tend to get quite cool in our bedroom. Sleeping with it under my pillow in the pillowcase helps shield it from the cold. Don't throw out any of your temps, FF will let you know if its abnormal, and there is a button where you can discard the temp, but it will still keep it recorded. Usually there's a dip right before you O so I wouldn't worry about it. GL!

I sleep with my thermometer in my pillowcase. DH likes to sleep with the fan on, so things tend to get quite cool in our bedroom. Sleeping with it under my pillow in the pillowcase helps shield it from the cold. Don't throw out any of your temps, FF will let you know if its abnormal, and there is a button where you can discard the temp, but it will still keep it recorded. Usually there's a dip right before you O so I wouldn't worry about it. GL!

Ok. I put the temps back on my chart. Thoughts?

8 dpo here. Very tired and stomach has been upset 2 days now. The last 3 days I've had very vivid and scary dreams. I normally don't remember my dreams so hoping its a good sign. Very emotional. Very low appetite and normally when af is gonna show up I eat like crazy. Had some cramping last night which I never had with or before af. Temp went down a little bit this morning but hope it doesn't continue.

Is this your first cycle temping? It's not too unusual to have a few quirky temps here and there. Don't stress over one or 2 like that . Mine can be all over the place b4 ov as well. Just make sure you take temp at same time every day. I set my alarm on my phone for 6am 7 days a week and keep my thermometer on my night stand. Then go right back to sleep.

I agree with Lauren, FF recognizes your temp is abnormal (that's why it's an open circle unlike the others. Just keep it up, the first couple of cycles are the hardest to temp because you don't know what's normal yet or not, but after 3-4 cycles you'll start to notice trends :)

I feel like mine never follows consistent trends and each one has a different shape. Speaking of, mine is all over the place. I'm 99% sure I ovulated 2 days ago, since I'm checking so many signs, but my Temps don't seem to follow this. Yesterday I got a spike, nothing huge, but then this morning it's low again. That doesn't seem to follow any trends of my past cycles at all!

Lauren how do you temp? I find temping vaginally helps to stabilize your temps a bit. If you sleep with your mouth open and temp orally that could lead to temps going all over the place.

My temps can be a bit random too. I've now got a cold again so my last 2 temps are lower than they probably should be because I've been sleeping with my mouth open. Typical as O should be just around the corner!! No positive OPK for me yet though so Hopefully ill be able to breathe again before I need to watch out for my temp rise :)

My temp shot back up this morning, and FF determined I ovulated 3 Days ago, like I thought. Actually looking at last month's chart , it did the same thing. Just goes to show you that one or 2 points don't always mean anything. But I'm 3 dpo now so hopefully this month is it! I think we timed everything well and I also tried preseed, FertilAid, and fertility tea. If not, it's off to the doctor's on December 8...

Thanks for all the advice about temping ladies. Somehow, things are just getting "curiouser and curiouser."

I stuck that thermometer under my pillow and set my fitbit to wake me up at the same time each day to temp, but my temps have remained very low for the last few days. :shrug:

Plus, I got a positive OPK today...earlier than I was expecting! I got a big glob of EWCM yesterday after X-mas shopping. Took a clear blue digital advanced OPK...empty circle. Tried to DTD last night, but DH was in a lot of back pain and just needed to rest. I wasn't too worried since I figured I had several days ahead of me. Well, another patch of EWCM late this morning and....a solid smiley face on my OPK! What happened to the flashing smiley? :shrug:

So, we BD'd around noon today. Told DH I wanted to do it again tomorrow if he is up to it, but it can be hard to tell with his back issues. FX'd he feels good!

Crap! The big o snuck up on me! :dohh::ninja:

Low temps are what you should expect prior to ovulation. And you learned a good lesson about your body - that your CM is just as, if not more, of an accurate sign of your fertility. I also use OPK's just to double confirm, but since I've been checking my CM, I have found that our bodies are pretty obvious when we are fertile! You would have been correct to BD yesterday when you got that glob of CM. As long as your temps stay low, you still have not ovulated, even if you got that + on the OPK. Remember ovulation can happen anywhere from 12-48 hours after that + on the OPK, so keep BD'ing daily until your temp spikes. Sounds like you hit it at least once at the right time, so hopefully this will be your (our) month! Good luck!!

Just throwing a little update. Still waiting for af or a BFP...ff has taken away the ovulation date as I still haven't had either. Guess I'm just going to have to keep on waiting...seeing my doctor on Dec. 15 to get ANOTHER shot to try and get things going.

Low temps are what you should expect prior to ovulation. And you learned a good lesson about your body - that your CM is just as, if not more, of an accurate sign of your fertility. I also use OPK's just to double confirm, but since I've been checking my CM, I have found that our bodies are pretty obvious when we are fertile! You would have been correct to BD yesterday when you got that glob of CM. As long as your temps stay low, you still have not ovulated, even if you got that + on the OPK. Remember ovulation can happen anywhere from 12-48 hours after that + on the OPK, so keep BD'ing daily until your temp spikes. Sounds like you hit it at least once at the right time, so hopefully this will be your (our) month! Good luck!!

All good points. Yeah. I will definitely take my CM a lot more seriously from now on! I've been pretty dry for the past few cycles and haven't been able to rely on CM, but this cycle it came back with a vengeance. Hopefully that's a good sign!

Looking at my temp spike this morning, I'm thinking I actually O'd the day of that positive OPK. :dohh: Gonna see if DH wants to try again tonight, but, if not it might have to a one-shot wonder this cycle! :haha:

One sperm is all it takes :)

Feeling for you Ursaula - waiting and waiting is so frustrating, I've been there.

Dark positive OPK for me this morning so all systems go. Hopefully I O today and not tomorrow as I'm out this evening so won't get time to BD

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->