**Calling all Northern Ireland Pregnant and due 2012 ladies **8 girls born 15 boys**

None of them applied when i had jack ,they are not major things apart from taking the baby into a hospital toilet that is soooooo gross ,im just going to stick to what i know in regards to bottles etc as Jack is fit & healthy xxx

Lindsay I'm the opposite bf C for 9 mo only managed 3 weeks with b :( guilt.

Laura, taking the baby everywhere is a security thing, we were told that at ulster too...

the guilt really is all-consuming! I am DESPERATE to stick it out this time... The few days i did do it were wonderful, i loved the feeling that my body was nurishing her and i felt sooo close to her. The bond was unreal. I think stopping was the main factor in me developing PND!

Lovely name you don't hear Evan much.
I wasn't out of my room when I'd Eva as Ida toilet an bath/shower in my room, went out the room once and that was to get orange juice from fridge but oh was still in room, and oh went with her when getting her check because my lunch just came and the lady told me to stay and enjoy it, it was rank tho lol they never told me I'd to take her everywhere with me, I asked could I go home because I wonted us to be home for Xmas the next day, they had no problem with that. I used cotton wool and warm water for a good while. And bottles I made fresh everytime.
OH keeps saying he likes the name Barnaby he mentioned it to his mum and she said we couldn't call it that because it would get Barnaby bear! Excuse me!
X

I like Barnaby! Goes v well with ur surname too :thumbup:

nobody told me I'd to take Poppy everywhere :shrug: I wasn't allowed to leave until I'd peed a certain volume though as my epidural had failed. So I had to keep going to the loo and pishing into a measuring jug and writing it down, Poppy slept for 6 hrs straight the first night and no WAY was I wheeling her about all fricking night to wake her up. GOD I CANNOT WAIT TO HAVE A HOMEBIRTH. Gonna be sooooooo much better.

I think I'd be to scared to have a homebirth, is anyone els staying team yellow?
Oh well once again the picking of names is a competition to her because me an her daughter pregnant same time again! X

Not sure really, just I'd like to be at hospital again I'd feel more secure. Plus no one I knew till last year ever hada homebirth. I think it's fantastic that women choose a homebirth doing it all in your own surroundings and comforts must be great! X

Two of my close friends just had babies in the mater in November & there is quite a few wee things that are differant from when i had Jack

You have to bring the baby with you in to the toilet or shower room

They dont like you to swaddle the baby

The way you make the bottles up is differant

They tell you to put socks on under the sleepsuits with feet

Your allowed baby wipes in the hospital now it was just cotton wool & water with jack lol

i just felt like right this is my second baby i know what am doing only to be told no its all changed has made me feel a bit uneasy

Xxx

I think a lot of it is down to the induvidual midwife. I heard one telling a couple not to swaddle their baby and another recommending it :shrug:, same thing with the socks I imagine. It's up to you, just the midwives personal opinion.

I had to bring Silas everywhere with me, however if the midwives weren't busy you could wheel the fishtank over to them and they'd look after the baby whilst you went to the loo or had a quick shower. Depends what the staffing is like I guess, but offically you had to take the baby everywhere with you.

Aren't the bottles like just a readymade thing with a teat? Just screw the top on?

Awww Lindsay, try not to put too much pressure on yourself this time because you feel guilty. Just go with the flow, you're such a brilliant Mummy and Poppy is crazy and happy. Wish I could say/do something to shift that guilt, it's just not something you deserve to have to feel :hugs:

Northern Ireland has one of the lowest BF rates in the world. I have loads of admiration for anyone who comes from a bottle-feeding background themselves (parents and in-laws) and decides to breastfeed - it's one heck of a leap of faith. It's a lot easier when you know your Mum did it herself and you are supported that way x

I understand. My mum's of the same opinion, despite being born at home herself! She's said her piece though and has promised no more lectures. When my EDD gets closer though, I expect that to change...

Two of my close friends just had babies in the mater in November & there is quite a few wee things that are differant from when i had Jack

You have to bring the baby with you in to the toilet or shower room

They dont like you to swaddle the baby

The way you make the bottles up is differant

They tell you to put socks on under the sleepsuits with feet

Your allowed baby wipes in the hospital now it was just cotton wool & water with jack lol

i just felt like right this is my second baby i know what am doing only to be told no its all changed has made me feel a bit uneasy

Xxx

I think a lot of it is down to the induvidual midwife. I heard one telling a couple not to swaddle their baby and another recommending it :shrug:, same thing with the socks I imagine. It's up to you, just the midwives personal opinion.

I had to bring Silas everywhere with me, however if the midwives weren't busy you could wheel the fishtank over to them and they'd look after the baby whilst you went to the loo or had a quick shower. Depends what the staffing is like I guess, but offically you had to take the baby everywhere with you.

Aren't the bottles like just a readymade thing with a teat? Just screw the top on?

Awww Lindsay, try not to put too much pressure on yourself this time because you feel guilty. Just go with the flow, you're such a brilliant Mummy and Poppy is crazy and happy. Wish I could say/do something to shift that guilt, it's just not something you deserve to have to feel :hugs:

Northern Ireland has one of the lowest BF rates in the world. I have loads of admiration for anyone who comes from a bottle-feeding background themselves (parents and in-laws) and decides to breastfeed - it's one heck of a leap of faith. It's a lot easier when you know your Mum did it herself and you are supported that way x

both my mum and MIL didn't attempt bfing. but that's not to say they weren't supportive, they just weren't particularly helpful, as they had no advice or experience! I still sometimes talk about the bfing thing and how I "just gave up because it was too painful" and my mum bless her reminds me of how much agony I was in, how upset I would get and then in turn how upset Poppy would get. Hindsight tends to make you forget the true nature of how things actually were. and thankyou, that's some lovely things you said :hugs:

We're staying yellow this time too I think :)

Lindsay, I think the reason I ended up with worse PND was cos I forced myself to carry on with B and the feeding - so do give it all you've got, but don't let it be the end of the world!

As for me, well it's my birthday, and I've officially had a rubbish day :( I've had loads of lovely messages on Facebook wishing me a happy day and tbh it's been shite.
Work, which is to be expected, but I teach 9 periods, no frees on a Tue, so it's hard work anyway, but on top of being pregnant, and on top of not having DH at home so I'm doing everything myself, it was killer. Treated myself to McDs after - oh yay... DH was texting me all afternoon from Germany and didn't once say happy birthday :(
Then DD1 had a screaming match with me over a missing hairclip. My parents had to intervene. Mum had made me a wee cake though which cheered me up a bit and flowers arrived from DH. But yeah in all a pretty shite day. Too tired. Was going to go up to the rugby club and see my chums, and at least not sit in miserable on my own, but no one to babysit :(
Anyway enough of my glumness, I hope you're all well

oh Happy Birthday honey! Sorry you've had a shite day. :hugs:

Happy birthday :) sorry to hear youv hada shit day :( I hope OH surprises you with a nice pressie? X

Happy birthday!!!!!!

I'm feeling rubbish today, I'm loaded with the cold, I feel like slobbing out on the sofa stuffing myself with Roses, but I can't taste anything :( I swear i'm going for a sneezing record lol.

Happy birthday holywoodmum!!!!:flower:

Nuke - please don't beat yourself up about bfing. My friend managed 4days & had to give it up, the child was hungry & stressed & so was she. She said changing to bottle was the best thing she ever done & her baby never looked back & is still a really settled & happy child. She believes if she had continued with the bfing she would have ended up with PND.
Poppy is gorgeous & you are a brill mammy. :hugs:

I'm going to give to bfing a go & if it works it works, if it don't it don't & I refuse to be made feel guilty about it. My sister & I were both bfed baby's & my bro wasn't & he was the healthiest baby out of the 3 of us. Infact my mum said she wished she'd bottle feed all of us cos it was so much easier, so she trying to steer me towards bottle but will support either way as long as me & bubs are happy.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a massive supporter of BFing etc but FOBs Mum's oldest was bottlefed and he went on to Oxford uni whereas his two BF 1 year+ brothers both went to art college :dohh:!

Oh ment to say youngmumni - were team yellow :yellow: - however I do sometimes want to know as I really want a boy but satastically more likely to have a girl!!!

Aw wyntir :( I can come eat the roses for you if you like? Lol

MajellaG: I think I'd secretly like a boy swell, but a girl would be just as great! I'd feel like I no what iv to do already, Plus I like my girls name bit more than boys not by much tho x

Happy Birthday Lucy :hugs:. We've all had crappy ones but that does sound particularly rubbish.

How are you more likely to have a girl Majella? You going by the whole ovulation thingy? I thought many times I spotted a willy on the scans, just keep an eye out ;)

18th should be my testing day but OH has said he'd like to wait and do the test on his birthday. If it's negative we'll try not to let it spoil the day, but if it's positive the lines should be awful dark! It gives AF a chance to show too but given the last two 37-day cycles I doubt it will even I'm in not pregnant.
That's an extra 5 days anyway - we are going to review on the 18th to see if we feel like waiting!

I guess a big part of me would like a girl (although the prospect of it scares me a bit!) but I'd love for OH to have a boy, so we win whatever really :) 'so long as it's healthy'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->