Calling all of you that are mums/moms already... Was labour...

Babyvoisey

Reaction score
Better or worse than u expected/thought??

I'm starting to freak now so was just wondering :)
Thanks xx

I delivered twins naturally at 23 weeks so my labour experience is a bit different to others.

I thought the contractions were worse than i expected, but i could cope with them. I could only describe it as a horrific strong period pain. I had gone too far for any pain relief so just had gas and air and i got through it. When i got to the pushing stage (which wasnt for long as they were only 1.5lbs each, it didnt hurt just really stung like when you get vinegar in a cut.

It cant be that bad because im doing it again. You just have to try not to panic and concentrate on your breathing, easier said than done i know.

You will be fine xxx

Worse by a long way, then again I have a low pain threshold, I thought the contractions were bad but crowning is in a whole league of it's own LOL! Mind you once the head is out it stops hurting for a second which is weird seen as you have a baby head hanging out your fanny.

This is my 4th baby so it can't be that bad and I'm looking forward to doing it again! Don't worry!!!

Boo hoo :( my pain threshold is low! I can't hack a pinch let alone labour! I'm sure it'll all be worth it but I have heard of a few people mention they thought it would be worse and it wasn't! I'm not so much scared of the pain but more scared of my hole vagina taring and being ripped to shreds! Jeez I don't know how im Gunna get a baby out of there the whole is small :( lol!! Sorry to hear about the loss of your twins sweetie xxx

One piece of advise when your mw tells you to stop pushing STOP pushing and pant!!!!!! The reason they tell you to stop, which take will power as your body is telling you the opposite and to push like hell, is because your baby is crowning and if you stop pushing it allows the skin to naturally stretch as it's supposed too - thus preventing almighty tearing!!! Labour is hard work and it hurts - accept meds and don't try and be a hero going all natural, I had gas and air and pethadine both times.
As soon as baby is born you'll be over the moon and the pain will be history xxxx

Not sure really. I thought the contractions hurt a hell of a lot more than the actual baby coming out iykwim?x

Labour for me was amazing. It was intense, and it really hurt at times, but I felt really empowered throughout it. The intensity of the final minutes of pushing before the sudden release and seeing my gorgeous baby suddenly appear in the water was incredible. Have confidence in your body, and you won't go far wrong! I can't wait to do it again.

it was kind of what i was expecting. i was just suprised how long it took and the fact that the contractions hurt much more than the pushing phase. i think i coped really well though

i agree with sovereign the actual contractions were way worse than pushing the baby out (dunno what that says about me hahaha hubby has never complained hahaha)

i also have a VERY low pain threshold seriously low and i managed to do the whole thing with just pethadine, which if im honest doesnt do fuck all to the pain lol it just helps calm the mummy down, which for me was making my pain worse.

i know its way easier said than done but try not to panic as that makes the pain more intense, i started having a panick attacka nd told my mum i thought i was gonna die lol but when i calmed down i was fine, the pethadine clamed me to the point i didnt make a single sound thru every contraction i just breathed and panted, no1 thought i was contracting lol then out popped my son 4 hours of labour :D

so honestly babe try not to stress ur self out about it as yes it hurts like shit but its manageable and once baby is out u forget about it :D xxx

P.S sorry for my bad language i cant seem to talk about labour without swearing lol xx

i was induced with my son at 37 weeks with just gas and air, 3 hour labour.....so DEFO better than i thought, i always swore id have the epidural and everything else goin, thought i'd tear aswell and i never!!

Thanks for ur replies! I'm terrified of tearing and I don't wanna epidural coz terrified of needles
Lol!

Who's idea was it to have a baby again?? :-D I'm sure I'll cope just fine :(

Mine went fast. Only about 1.5 hours from the time my water broke until I was holding my son. It was all kind of a blur cause there was so much going on. It happened so fast that I had to deliver naturally, but all in all it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be and I'm planning a natural delivery with this baby as well.

I think it really depends on the person. Some have great experiences and other hard ones. That's why it's important to take as many classes as you can and be as readily prepared as possible

I didn't know what to expect and I didn't prepare myself well so I will go with WORSE. The pain was the worst I've had but it was over quickly.

I'm scared :(

awww, hunny it's okay :) You know, even if it's the worst thing you ever go through in your life it will still only be a spec of time in the span of your life and you get a beatiful baby out of it :)

My labour wasnt that bad really. I had on n off contractions for a few days before he decided it was time but they was jus like poo cramps haha. but the real thing i was in bed and thought i was weeing myself, but i wasnt lol as i stood up the waters went everywhere, was really funny lol. Contractions started maybe an hour later? got to hosp half hour later and they started comin think and fast. there was only the one midwife on at that point n 3 women labouring so i had to wait in the waiting room and i swear standing up hurts alot more, BUT it makes it go so much quicker, i went from 2-5cm in an hour lol. It wasnt really that bad as it all just became abit of a blur really. I had gas n air n pethadine (which made babys HR drop dramatically so wont be using that again) But was 6hours35 mins so wasnt that bad really for a first labour! Well cant be as im doin it again haha. Weird to say, as much as it didnt go to plan ( had a ventouse delivery *suction cap lol* and tore slightly ) i loved it, as i new it was all good pain and the baby id longed for was makin his way into the world hehe

What is pethadine and how do they give u it? And does it take some pain away! I know
It's Gunna be the best thing that will happen to me but I'm just scared of my lady bits being ruined :( lol x

What is pethadine and how do they give u it? And does it take some pain away! I know
It's Gunna be the best thing that will happen to me but I'm just scared of my lady bits being ruined :( lol x

Pethadine is an injection they put into your thigh i think? i didnt feel it or remember where it was as i wanted the pain to go away. But it just makes u sleep in between contractions so you rest a lil and dont think about the pain and takes the edge off. I jus didnt like it hehe

I haven't had a baby yet, just clicked on here out of curiosity really lol. But the only thing I'm worried about is if my waters break in public lmao. The actual thought of labour doesn't bother me. I know it's something I can't avoid, so therefore what's the point in worrying? :) it will either hurt a little or hurt alot... But I figure, hopefully, if I go into it in a positive mindset it won't hurt as much haha.

I can dream anyway ;)

XxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back