Calling all temping experts!

abitclueless

Reaction score
I started temping today, this is my first cycle actually TTC and paying attention to CM and OPK testing.

So, quick question, I woke up at 7am, temped and it was 97.34 degrees, but fell back asleep and woke up at 11:30, temped and it was 97.77 degrees, so my question is: which one should I take in consideration? I took both right as soon as I opened my eyes.
First one I remembered I was moving a lot before waking up, second one I was asleep like a rock.

The thermometer's instructions say you should temp after a long night sleep or after being asleep for at least 3 hours. In this case, both are correct but I got two very different temperatures.

I'm 4dpo aprox, confirmed by opk's.

Appreciate any advice!

I would say the earlier temp. But really, which is the temp thats closest to the time you'll temp every day? You need to temp at the exact same time every day no matter what

Which one is closer to the time u normally temp? I would say go with the one closest to that time...

I started temping today for the first time. I'm guessing I'll temp either 5:30 when husband wakes up for work or 10ish cause I always go back to sleep.
But anyway, does the temp difference mean anything or affect the chart in any way?
Like, are certain times better for charting? Maybe temping at certain time frame gives a more accurate reading?

I'm such a noob at this. First time ever.

Generally, earlier is better for temping, thats where youll get the most accurate temp. I temp at 6:30 am and I just go back to sleep after.

The reason your temps are so different is that the later you sleep, the closer you get to your waking temp. Your BBT is basically your lowest temp of the day which occurs right after REM sleep. Thus, earlier is better :)

Thank you!

Now would you say 97.3 is low as after O temp? Maybe I'm asking way too much now lol

Thank you!

Now would you say 97.3 is low as after O temp? Maybe I'm asking way too much now lol

No, you are perfectly fine! :D

I cant answer that for you. Everyone is different. I personally sit in the 98s after O but I know a buddy of mine sits in the 97s. The only way youll know if thats low or not is after you temp for a while. Unfortunately, as much as I swear by temping, it takes atleast two cycles before you start figuring things out. But if you temp from CD1, you can pinpoint O after it happens (even during your very first cycle).

What does your temp chart look like or should look like before AF and non Pregnant compared to a successful pregnancy one?

What does your temp chart look like or should look like before AF and non Pregnant compared to a successful pregnancy one?

My current chart is in my sig. I honestly feel like this is going to be a BFP chart for me. But I don't start testing until tomorrow.

Attached are two charts. One is my chart from last cycle which obv ended in AF. And the other is a strange chart lol but its when I had my ectopic pregnancy. (Suspected O date is CD10, and implantation occured on CD14 based on temp dip and BFP on CD17) If you want to see really good BFP charts, I would suggest going to "Charts" on the side bar of Fertility Friend online and looking them up. :p

But, in a typical chart, with AF you should see sort of a straight line of temps, then youll see the temp drop a bit, then youll get a jump in temps which is called a temp shift.

For whatever reason i didnt get one of these with my ectopic pregnancy and it was probably exactly because the pregnancy was ectopic. One sign that was there that I sort of refused to see at the time was that I implanted probably 4 days after ovulation. Typically, in a healthy pregnancy, you are going to implant on like day 7 or 9 or even a little later. So, that was obviously WAY too early.

Attachments

• jan.jpg
    jan.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 5
  • ectopicchart.jpg
    ectopicchart.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 7
Youre welcome and thank you! I really enjoy helping people because TTC is a strange and confusing journey! We never learn in sex ed or from our parents or any of that about what is actually involved in TTC. We're generally taught that ANY time you have intercourse that you are going to possibly get pregnant and that's just obv not the case. And we all just go into TTC completely unequipped. So, I really try to help where I can and give ladies a leg up :p

aleks chart.jpg

This is my chart from my BFP in march 2012, I implanted early and got my BFP on 9dpo!

alekstick.jpg

this was my first test. Hes 2 now, not all early implantations are ectopic :D xx

Holy crap that was fast! You're a lucky one.
Do you think there's a good, usual symptom that lets you know if you're pregnant before a BFP?

As far as I know, there isnt. Morning sickness is the major one for most people but you typically dont get that until 6 weeks along.

For me, my only major symptom was that I was STARVING. Like I couldnt eat enough no matter what I ate

Symptoms or even lack of symptoms vary so much from person to person.....and pregnancy symptoms very similar to AF coming which is crap:haha:

My early symptom about 2-3 days before AF due was nausea.....hubby was eating tomatoes from a salad on his plate and I almost puked:haha:....unfortunately it was a chemical for me that time :cry:

I forgot to mention but theres a site I visit called countdowntopregnancy.com and if you sign up and go to "My Cycles &TWW" you can put in your symptoms and itll tell you how common those symptoms are with women who are pregnant

I had 0 symptoms I tested because someone had sent me some tests and thought what the heck lets do it!! Imagine my surprise at :bfp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->