Calling CB digital users

MnGmakes3

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
I think I'm a little confused

I got a smiley face on my opk but when I enter it into FF it shows my O day as Saturday. Wouldn't that be too late? (Seems like the egg would be gone by then) Or do I take another opk tomorrow and wait for the flashing smiley THEN put it in FF to confirm O?

The flashing smiley is when you are getting ready to O and O will be in 4 days, usually. The solid smiley means you will O in the next 12-36 hours. So I would bd for the next few days. You don't need to test any more since you got the solid smiley. I never did get the flashing smiley, it just went from circle to solid. I have heard of this happening to several ladies. Good luck and get to bding. fx you catch the egg.

Thank you so much! Waiting on hubby to get home! I've never been so impatient lol

Do you use the normal OPK or advanced OPK?

The normal OPK only measures the LH hormone and you only get solid smileys. The advanced OPK measures two hormones (estrogen & LH) and you are suppose to get a flashing smiley for a couple of days before you get a solid smiley.

A flashing smiley means high fertility - i.e. Your body is gearing up for O and a solid smiley means peak fertility and you'll O in 12-48 hours!

Each cycle can differ. My cycle before last I had 4 days of flashing smilies before my solid smiley. Then I ovulated 2 days after getting my solid (I temp as well so I know exactly when I O).

My last cycle I went straight from nothing to a solid smiley. Again I ovulated 2 days after my solid smiley!

So basically - yes if you got your solid smiley today then you may not ovulate until Saturday. Do you temp so you can make sure?

Also how do you put your OPK results into FF? I use the OPK monitor and mark them as 'low', 'high' or 'peak' fertility.

Also I read a fertility book and the author and her friend, who had both been TTC for a while, got pregnant the month they DTD the evening they got their solid smiley, again the next morning and evening, again the following morning, and again the morning after that! I'm yet to manage that sex marathon but thought I'd share with you! :haha:

Yea that marathon would unfortunately never happen.

I do temp..I've had temps that are straight lined the last 3 days so they should start rising if O is on Saturday.
I believe I did get the advanced but it went from nothing yesterday to solid today. I was under the impression that flashing would be after solid though. Oh well..

Thanks Bing!

Good luck. My first month using them. I am on day 3 of flashing smiley. Hoping to see a solid soon and have it match up with my temps. The weird thing with me is it doesn't match up with cheapie OPKs I took also at all (which were extremely dark 2 days before the flashing smiley and have been quite light to medium light since then...).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->