Calling October Mums-to-be

motherofboys

Reaction score
Its OCTOBER!!!!

Woke up this morning feeling so great just because its October and I know that whatever happens I am having my baby this month!

Also DS2 turns 6 this month as well as 3 other family birthdays so lots going on for me.

Our due dates are two days apart! :) i also have a ton of family members burthdays this month.

Woohoo!! We're having a baby this month!! :happydance:

I'm so excited considering I have no set date really, of course we have our due date but it could be any time this month really couldn't it.
I just can't wait to do all those baby things again, to see him and hold him.

Wahoo!! Thought last night was the night for me, but turns out not :-( Goodluck to all for when your time comes x

Haha I've got 16 days in my head, counting down to that too LOL
Having a definite date would make the waiting so much easier.
Got my (hopefully) last midwife appointment on Thursday. Apparently they no longer see us at 40 weeks here. Its 38 weeks then 41 weeks if your still pregnant, so I'm hoping I wont still be pregnant by then LOL

Where I am you only get the 40 week appt if its your first baby. 2nd+ get a lot fewer appts now. I've got my 38 week appt next week, the earliest my MW would discuss my birth plan. Right now, I wouldn't mind going into labour before that!! Lol.

We get less appointments but always still got the 40 week one. They appear to be dropping appointments for everyone in the area, she told me they would probably drop the 34 week appointment soon as it is 'a waste of time and just to listen into baby really'

I don't like the idea of that. I feel like I haven't seen my MW much as it is. Think I'd feel really unsupported if they dropped loads of appts just because 'it seems a waste of time'. I hope they don't, and that they don't roll that out everywhere.

Yay for October! My due date is the 23rd but booked in to check favourability for induction on the 9th - A WEEK TOMORROW!!!!

I agree about having less midwife appointments. I would definitely be more worried about baby and whether I was engaged or not if I had less appointments so hope that doesn't happen here although the midwives in my area are SOOOO busy you have to book weeks in advance! Xx

Me too! 3 weeks to my due date. Crazy!

I think just because its your first does not mean there wont be any problems and your not always aware of problems or some people don't like to 'bother' the midwife.
She didn't even check my babies position at my 34 week appointment even though at my 31 week scan he'd been breech and I was worrying over the fact I want a home birth and obviously a breech baby would put a stop to that.

I completely agree. And I know some of my friends have had awful antenatal care, not seeing the same mw twice, being rushed out of the door because they were running late, skipping on routine checks. I've been quite lucky to see the same 2 all the way through but I think that has something to do with living in a village and they're the only two that come to our surgery. Lol.

I can't believe she didn't check baby's position. Has he turned around now?

He has now, but she didn't check that until she actually came out to my house to do my home birth booking appointment so could have been a waste of time coming out LOL

Woohoo!!! Im due on the 7th.....one week eeeeeekkkk:happydance:

Due on the 9th have induction booked for the 9th, and 39
Week midwife appointment today I'm asking for a sweep.. Fingers crossed I am favourable xx

I know I said to my HB we are having a baby this month... oww scary... I have an appointment at 38 weeks (next week) then at 40.. I am hopeing I don't have the 4 days of prelabour I had with my LO...

I woke up feeling so positive and as the day has gone on I've just got really impatient thinking how I could still have to wait till then end of the month.
Hope you don't have to go through the same again PuddlePuppy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"