Calling October Mums-to-be

It would be a huge shock if i got to jump the queue! Never been early and my 2nd born was 15 days overdue and still didnt want to come out! Fingers crossed that non of you have to wait too long x

I have not had any plug loss or show...dying to see something. I do have constant cramping and back pain.

The earliest I have had is the day before his due date, and that was DS2, DS3 went back to being late so I can't even say they are getting earlier LOL
I have been convinced for ages he'd be late. It seems I just have to wait with this one. Took 2 and a half years to conceive, he always plays hard to get with the midwifes and at scans making it difficult to get measurements or hear his heart beat until right when they are about to give up.
Apart from the odd little bit now and then I have almost no signs of a show being on the way. I don't feel like anything is happening any time soon.

Yay for October!!! I am due the 15th and had my 38 week check up yesterday. I asked my midwife to check me and was hoping for some good news. Well baby is really low but my cervix is still high and thick :nope:. I wanted to cry. I know it is still early but I had to be induced with my last 2 babies I was really hoping for some progression with this one. She said she wouldn't do a sweep because it would just make me uncomfortable :cry:. She tried to reassure me that you can go from nothing to something in hours or anything can happen but I am not buying it. I have another appointment next week at 39 weeks and she said we will check where I am at and hopefully be able to do a sweep then. Fingers crossed.

They don't even check you here so you just have to wait until 41 weeks x

I have not had any plug loss or show...dying to see something. I do have constant cramping and back pain.

What's the difference between plug loss and show? I thought they were the same thing :shrug:

I believe you get your mucous plug come out before a bloody show. Not everyone does. Mucous plug is snotty/ clear which doesnt neccessarily indicate labour. Bloody show can be a good sign that labour us close. Which is blood tinged/pinky mucous.

Hi girls,

I'm due 26th (ticker based on lmp), but have a CS planned for the 21st, less than 3 weeks to go and baby will be here one way or another!

X

Same here having section on 21st DD 27th tho. I am so counting the days now

39 week appointment today still just a fingertip dilated same as last week :( 50% effaced though so I guess that's progress??? not as much as I would have liked. no sweep though

I keep rejoicing in that! Even though it seems years away! This is our first little one and I'm due October 8th, less than a week til my due date but I think he wants to prolong this process. I'm definitely learning patience.:wacko::wacko:

Im still hanging on :(. Just feel lillike time is dragging now.

39 week appointment today still just a fingertip dilated same as last week :( 50% effaced though so I guess that's progress??? not as much as I would have liked. no sweep though

Is this your first? I was reading about dilation the other day and it said that with a first baby you tend to efface before you dilate but with a 2nd+ baby you can dilate first or at the same time.
Still effacing is progress, your cervix has got to thin out as well as dilate to get that baby out. Its a step closer even if its a baby step.

I had my 38 week appointment this morning. She said he was so low that he was throwing the measurements off, I was measuring 33 weeks when I had measured 36 at my last appointment. I was expecting to read that I was full engaged but she wrote 38 in my measurements and 3/5s. Never been more than 3/5s with the others so hoping that things could possibly be moving sooner rather than later. She said his heart beat sounded relaxed and like he wasn't going anywhere yet though.

I have my 40w appt tomorrow and hoping for a cervix check with some good news.

They checked my tummy today and she couldn't feel if he was engaged or not still I'm foaming if he has popped out naughty baby back in a week x

I remember that happening a tonne last time around for me. I am sure he is.

He was 3/5 last week I thought once they got to that there was no going back out xx

Is this your first? I was reading about dilation the other day and it said that with a first baby you tend to efface before you dilate but with a 2nd+ baby you can dilate first or at the same time.
Still effacing is progress, your cervix has got to thin out as well as dilate to get that baby out. Its a step closer even if its a baby step.

I had my 38 week appointment this morning. She said he was so low that he was throwing the measurements off, I was measuring 33 weeks when I had measured 36 at my last appointment. I was expecting to read that I was full engaged but she wrote 38 in my measurements and 3/5s. Never been more than 3/5s with the others so hoping that things could possibly be moving sooner rather than later. She said his heart beat sounded relaxed and like he wasn't going anywhere yet though.

yup this is my first... good for you that baby is low!! im not really feeling a lot of pressure that a lot of people talk about so i dont think she has dropped yet. its frustrating though because every other night or so a feel a few contractions but they never turn into anything :( i am just very ready to have her in my arms!!

Its so frustrating when you have pains that turn into nothing

Oh and I managed to remember to buy the raspberry leaf tea today that I have been forgetting for the last 3 weeks LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->