Calling October Mums-to-be

Anyone else close to the end and have no pains or signs of labor yet? I am 80% effaced and 2 cm dilated, but haven't lost plug, don't have cramps or even braxton hicks...only two days unti due date. Normal for ftm?:shrug:

Anyone else close to the end and have no pains or signs of labor yet? I am 80% effaced and 2 cm dilated, but haven't lost plug, don't have cramps or even braxton hicks...only two days unti due date. Normal for ftm?:shrug:

I still have 8 days until my due date, but I'm only 2cm and 50% effaced. I thought I lost a little bit of plug a couple days ago but haven't had anymore since that one time. No contractions aside from BH. No pains or cramps. Not once have I even thought I was in false labor. It's quite discouraging. :(

I have had contractions on and off all day today. And lost a big bloody chunk of mucus. And then just them 2 small chunks of bloody mucus.

I have had contractions on and off all day today. And lost a big bloody chunk of mucus. And then just them 2 small chunks of bloody mucus.

Ooh hope this is something for you glitter_berry! I still haven't lost any plug but I've been getting lots of aches and pains although they're mostly at the top of my bump so don't think they're doing anything :dohh: 5 more days until my check for induction, come on baby! Come on your own :haha:

I'm getting a bit of plug now and then, with increasing frequency. Keep looking for signs of blood for a proper show but nothing yet.
They don't check us here, so I don't know if I'm dilating or effaced. Apparently you can be up to 2cms for weeks but once you get past 3-4 things should start moving along.
It wont be long now, just wish these pains actually meant something. I get some quite bad ones now, but they obviously are not enough to kick him out LOL
I've had one cup of the tea so far. Might have another in a little while, if it helped start things off rather than just get the uterus/cervix ripened and ready I'd have drunk the whole box by now LMAO

Definitely nothing happening for me. Not long to go for us though :D

Motherofboys it can help start it off drink the max your allowed I'm taking the max tablets as I don't drink tea although at the minute I don't think I have the energy to give birth so hoping he stays put til I get some sleep or comes quick so I can then get some proper sleep xx

Well I've had a second cup. Am I right in thinking its 3 cups a day max? Theres nothing on the box about uses for the tea.

^^^ my question too? What is the max? I didn't think there was a maximum as my midwife said I can't over-do it as its herbal. Also, does it depend on the strength of the tea/capsules? I'm taking both but my capsules are 100% whereas the tea is much less.

My midwife told me to take 6 capsules and 2-3 cups a day so hope that's ok. I've been on that for over a week and was taking 2 capsules and 1 cup a day before then (from about 34 +5) xx

I think if you drink too much it can set off diarrhoea. The recommendations I've found are up to 5 cups of tea a day. Or if you're taking the capsules, two 400mg capsules 3 times a day with food.

Not sure I could drink that much of it anyway. I don't drink many hot drinks in pregnancy

Just wanted to wish all the best to you ladies, I was in a very similar thread a year ago and can't believe how fast it's gone! xx

Well, got my induction date so worst case scenario I'll get admitted in 15 days time on 19th if I haven't had this little monkey by then.

I must admit, I feel like its imminent - aside from irregular contractions and cleaning my lounge top to bottom at 6am this morning, I just feel different today - hope its a sign :)

I'm taking 6 tablets a day but I know you can make tea with the capsules too so I'm guessing you can have 6 cups of the tea too xx

I still haven't been brave enough to try emptying the capsules to make the tea. I don't like the taste when I burp after taking the capsules so I'm guessing I wouldn't like the taste of the tea. Lol.

Ooh, not too much longer then MrsH!! Hopefully you'll go before then though :)

I haven't done the tea either I'm not a massive hot drink drinker anyway so would rather take the tablets lol x

I did the tea with Dd. When I say I did it I managed 1 cup, threwupand nevet touched it again. I had proper tea bags.

I have tea bags but they've got raspberry, apple etc in them so they're quite tasty with some sugar but obviously they dont have as much raspberry leaf in them. I too am not brave enough to empty the capsules to make a tea. I get a funny taste just when I swallow them with water so don't think I'd like it. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->