Calorie intake during TWW?

Dill

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm only 7 dpo, about to hit 8dpo Monday. My symptoms are positive so far, to the point where my most experienced babymaking friend (she's got 7!) told me she doesn't feel like she needs to wait for my POAS results later this week, haha. I'm crossing all my fingers!

Thing is, while I'm not medically overweight, I packed on a lot of weight over the holidays, and I've been calorie-counting like crazy to try and drop it in time for summer at a slow and steady pace (it's -30F here right now, and dropping for the night, so at least I have plenty of time! :laugh2:)

While discussing my symptoms with my mom this afternoon, she expressed concern about how strictly I'm limiting my calories and the possibility that I may be pregnant.

Should I stop my diet for now? Should I preemptively add the pregnant +300 to my daily total, just in case? I've had multiple losses, so I really don't want to take any chances. I'm also hypoglycemic, which can be a little more difficult to manage while dieting, and I know that isn't pregnancy-friendly.

Not sure what to think. I could use some input.

I really don't know anything about it but just wanted to wish you luck and fx for you xx

I wouldn't add the extra calories, but instead make sure what you're eating is wholesome. Eat when you're hungry but not past the point of being too full!

My diet is full of veggies and lean protein. My biggest worry is just that my calorie intake is restricted to 1350/day, and I don't always meet that limit (I came in low yesterday).

My diet is full of veggies and lean protein. My biggest worry is just that my calorie intake is restricted to 1350/day, and I don't always meet that limit (I came in low yesterday).

Hi there, I am also hypoglycemic:winkwink:

My advice would be to not worry as much about restricting or adding calories but keep on the path of eating high quality nutrients. Completely- or in my case *almost* completely cutting out processed foods, sugars and simple carbohydrates will help lose weight as well as give tons of nutrients to your future baby <3

I'm a vegetarian (I do eat fish though) too and I find that making a lot of lentil stews, black beans, salads with walnuts etc. are great because they fill me up, and are jam packed with protein and healthy nutrients.

I hope this helps a little:flower:

I try to eat as healthy as I can (lots of vegetarian dishes, salads every day, lots of veggies, I drink only herbal teas and water most of the time). It isn't always possible to, though, because of the cost of produce here, and how quickly it spoils because we literally get stuff a day or two before the sell-by dates (it has to be trucked up a few thousand miles). And I work two jobs and have two hours of commute time a day, to top it off, so there are just some days that I go home, throw on a frozen pizza, and call it a night.

I can understand that! Was just giving my 2 cents:)
Best of luck to you! I hope this is your month!:)

I just feel bad that I can't always eat as healthy as I'd like! It's one thing I do miss about life in the states. :)

I see you're in Alaska? What part? And how the heck did you end up there? :)

Interior Alaska, it's been in the -40s this week! My mom grew up here, so I've spent most of my life here, too (born an Alaska resident). I've lived elsewhere and done plenty of traveling, but this will always be home. I bought a tiny little house in the mountains some years ago and don't really have any plans to move! It's a great place to raise kids, too, so that's always a plus. :D

That's awesome. We almost moved to Alaska for a job this summer. We love it up there, so gorgeous.

Very Cool! I'm sure it's stunning up there. My sis-in-law recently moved up since her hubs is stationed in Anchorage. I sooooo want to make a trip up there to see it. I bet it's just so much more breath taking than I imagine. Trade off for fresh food. ;) I grew up in a mountain town, we didn't get great fresh stuff either. Especially during the storm season, delivery trucks just couldn't make it up there. Now I live in Portland, Oregon and couldn't imagine life without all of our fresh stuff. I feel for you!

I try to avoid Anchorage (I think of it as northern Seattle, haha), but the southern areas of the state really are scenic! I think if I was going to move elsewhere in the state, but not go subsistence out in the bush, I'd probably opt for Valdez. It's right on the ocean, penned in by gorgeous mountains, and the fishing is incredible! It's by far my favorite place to spend a week in the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->