Camping with a baby??

Mammy_pants

Pregnant with first baby
Reaction score
Has anyone taken their little one camping before and was the experience enjoyful lol.

We are supposed to be taking charlie camping next weekend but im still a little scared about taking him incase he hates it!

I was just wondering if anyone else had taken a baby camping before.

claire

x

No experience, but I don't see it being a prob if BF. Not sure how you'd deal with sterilising etc if you FF. Mind you I think you can get little sterilisers that work off the car's cigarette lighter...
Aaprt from that, I can't see it being a problem if you like camping yourself...most LOs seem to love being outdoors...

We've been twice in August and loved it both times. Both trips were just for two nights to see how it went. I'd recommend a good pop up travel cot and also a winter sleeping bag. The first trip was sunny so had really cold nights. We had Byron in a footed sleepsuit, winter socks, winter sleeping bag, blanket, and he was lying on a pram cosy toes pulled over him a bit, in a cot, on a ground mat! He was still only just warm enough! The second trip was warmer in the night so more manageable, just the sleepsuit and bag and lying on the cost toes.

Byron's weaned now too so we had to think bout keeping his food chilled properly and he has bottles of milk so since then we've now ditched the steriliser at home! lol But Byron's 9 months old now. If you need to presumably you could take milton cold water sterilising tablets.

I would recommend trying your baby for a nap or even a night's sleep in the cot before you go too.

Hi, we took Joseph camping in July, it was fine apart from at 1:30am on the 2nd night when he decided to scream the place down lol. Anyway, we had a travel cot and a cold water steriliser and it wasn't a problem at all. We took cartons of milk and jars of baby food xx

ive just been camping this weekend and it was fine. we had austin in his moses basket and he loved the whole weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->