Can a 14 year old get married?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miz Krystal

Reaction score
My 14 year old daughter wants to marry her 21 year old boyfriend. I know she is young but she is very mature for her age and they are a real couple. They live together with me and sleep in the same bed. Her boyfriend has a job and buys things for her. Me and my daughter have a good relationship and I am involved in her life. My daughter is responsible and has been sexually active for nearly two years, she don't get pregnant. Will they make an exception for my daughter to get married if I provide parental consent and tell them how mature she is?

Thank you for your advice.

it depends on where you live for a start.

personally i think a 14 year old getting married without having experienced life or even finished high school is not a good idea. If she really wants to marry this guy then suggest to her that she waits until they are both in stable jobs, and enough money to support themselves in their own place.

My biggest concern would be the age gap between your daughter and this man when your daughter is evidently under-age, although obviously i don't know him or the situation.

:dohh:

I'm sorry, I hate to judge, but I think that's a very horrible decision you will be making if you allow your 14 year old daughter to marry a 21 year old. Just my opinion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriageable_age#North_America

This shows you a list of states and what the minimum age is to get married w/ parental consent. Most are 16 or 17, but there are a few exceptions.

:dohh: :dohh: :dohh:

Depends where you live, but them having sex is completley illegal...

Shes been having sex since she was 12 with a grown man? Mature or not that's paedophilia and no she should not marry him. Beyond wrong.

Them having sex has been, and continues to be, illegal until she is at least 16 in ANY state. It's a good thing she's not pregnant because the hospital can file a legal complaint if they find out the father is over 18 and she's 14. In Florida its 16-24 years old can have sex. 16 and anyone older than 24, illegal. But a 16 year old having sex with a 15 year old would be considered illegal also.

There's really no way to justify your situation legally. If you are really okay with it, then she's going to have to be at LEAST 16 before you can consent to them getting married. But if your states consent age is 18, if she isn't pregnant then I don't believe that you will be able to do that.

Oh and honestly if this is real, it sounds like you are trying to basically sell your daughter to this grown man. Way to go mom of the year.

I hope you don't get offended by this but speaking as a responsible adult I cannot believe you are letting your 14 year old daughter sleep with a man is wrong and illegal and since she was 12? how on earth can you justify yourself?

she is not legally old enough to have sex so no marriage shouldn't be a consideration, this is so cliche but buying things doesn't equal love, it doesn't matter how mature she is that just makes her a mature child, and how well do you know your daughter that you need strangers to tell you if she's ready or not? I'm sorry but I think what your doing is so wrong and you need to call child protection services so they can help you see why its wrong to have a 12 year old sleep with a grown man and why having him in your house is soliciting underage sex. I am horrified sorry :nope:

Firstly where did she find this man.
Secondly why are you happy that she is sexually active

Thirdly why the fuck are you asking teen parents?

:saywhat::wacko::nope::dohh: How can you let your 12 yr old be sexually active at all? Even worst with someone that is 21 yrs old? Mature or not she is only 14 yrs old! She needs to be able to go out, have fun not worrying about a wedding :nope:

Here, you have to be 16 with parental consent. You can get married on your own when you are 18.

disgusting! id be calling the police if a 21 yr old was sniffing round my child!

in the UK the youngest u can marry is 16

i have a feeling this isnt written by the mother of a 14 year old. its probarly been written by a 14 year old.

As someone who has been 21 not so long ago, id never even consider in a million years even looking at a 12 or 14 year old in a sexual way, and i think that if a 21 year old is doing that then theres some issues that need to be addressed. if you are 14 and you are in a sexual relationship with an adult then i suggest you seek advice on this matter from your school nurse or someone else who you can trust (ie. a teacher or local family planning clinic) so that you can take steps so ensure the safety of your sexual health and emotions. I would urge any 14 year old who want to have sex with a 21 year old to wait till theyre 16, and if he loves you, it will be well worth the wait.

I slept with a 70 year old when I was 10 but its okayz, I was rly mature :dohh: Seriously hope this is a troll...

there is something seriously wrong if this is real. i wouldnt be encouraging marriage let alone letting them have sex under your roof and allowing a 21 year old to date my 14 year old. id be getting the police involved or social services

I'm 21...when I see a 14 year old I see a child not a potential sexual partner

This is gross... a 12 year old that is sexually active in a relationship with a 21 year old man :sick:

My and my OH are basically the same age gap as this, 6/7 years. I was legal though. My OH wouldn't have looked at me twice if I wasn't, and good on him!!! What a 21 year old who should be out clubbing or with friends of his own age is doing with a 14 year old who should be at school learning about sex etc (not doing it illegally), is beyond me. I'm sorry if your daughter is in love and fair enough, love is something you really can't control but as her mother you should be looking out for her, not letting her be groomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back