can a pelvic ultrasound miss a pregnancy

laydeepisces

Reaction score
so, recently i posted about my suspicions of being pregnant, even though i've had a few negative urine tests. i scheduled an appointment with my gynecologist, but feared that because i am due to get what i think is my period around the day of the appointment, i went to the E.R.

WORST DECISION I MADE.:wacko:

i was in there for 12 hours, a nearby hospital was sending patients to the hospital i was in, i think i was forgotten about a few times because the nurses shifts were starting and ending, and when i was finally admitted to the back, it was like a rush job.

the doctor suspected the same things i did-- either a pregnancy or fibroids-- and did a pelvic exam. she said the same thing my gynecologist said, i have a healthy cervix. she had me go to an ultrasound tech.

MIND YOU, i was in there for 12 hours. i know when taking an ultrasound you need a full bladder for the abdominal ultrasound. i didn't know when i would be seen and i had to pee like a race horse! :blush: i peed twice knowing my bladder would fill up again pretty fast and not knowing when i would be seen. when i went to get the abdominal ultrasound, my bladder wasnt full enough to see anything. so he went ahead and did the pelvic ultrasound and did some searching, bumped somethings, blah-blah-blah.

when i went back to my room after waiting again, my doctor told me i had a cyst on my left ovary, and just to follow up with that. when i came to the other pains i was feeling, she suggested getting a C.A.T scan to see if i was my appendix or something, but feared that my body would hold all the radiation and i'd get cancer in the future.

when i asked about pregnancy, she said i wasn't pregnant, my urine test came back negative for it anyway... i called my sister and she asked me what did my blood test come back as, and i remembered, they never tested my blood pregnancy. just the pee, and took a few other tests to see if it was my liver or anything else.

so shaken, tired, and defeated, i went home.

later on, my sister, her friend, my cousin, and my aunt all told me to go for another one and be demanding. my cousin and sister' friend both experienced what im going through and they both had children. they said that it could be that the baby-- if there is one-- could be higher than i think or in the back. my thing is wouldn't the pelvic exam pick up a baby, a sac, or anything?

plus it did find a cyst. but the things im feeling and the symptoms i'm experiencing are too dead on pregnancy. plus i took pictures from February to as recent as last week and my belly is starting to form and round. i know my body, and i know how consistent it is. there's definitely more going on than a cyst.

at this point im just confused and done. if i am pregnant i want a healthy baby, and all this is preventing that from happening. it would be my first. if not then what's happening?? how do i get a doctor to be attentive to what im feeling?

How far past ovulation are you? Or how near AF are you? A cyst forms on the ovary that ovulated each month call corpus luteum. They can fill with fluid or when conception takes place they get bigger and produce progesterone which supports a fetus til the placenta is able to take over. It may be possible for the sac to be too small to be seen on ultrasound if you are only a couple weeks along. Blood tests should be able to indicate a pregnancy as urine tests can't when hcg is not high enough to detect.

An internal scan is pretty accurate and couple with a blood test I'd say 99.9% accurate. As mentioned before cyst can produce progesterone which cause pregnancy like symptoms including bloating whether you are pregnant or not. When was you last period and are your cycles pretty regular?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->