Can a previous miscarriage effect my future pregnancies?

Ttc2017

Reaction score
Hi ladies im 8dpo and this is my boyfriend i first month trying, back about 3 months ago we found out that we were expecting and i unfortunately miscarried at 8 weeks. Im curious to know does this effect my chances of getting pregnant or carrying a child?

I'm so sorry for your loss! :hugs: Miscarriage is so hard. Unfortunately, it's also SO common. I've heard statistics that state that 1 is every 3 to 5 pregnancies ends in miscarriage. Unless you have any medical condition that predisposes you to have miscarriages, your miscarriage shouldn't affect future pregnancies. :winkwink: I miscarried my first baby also, at 7w&3d, and though it definitely threw my cycle off, I went on to carry babies to term. I hope you don't have to wait too long before you have your rainbow baby in your arms! :kiss: Hang in there! xx

One miscarriage honestly won't harm your chances of a normal pregnancy the next time. As long as it wasn't eptopic or molar. It's only after three recurring miscarriages that chances of a normal pregnancy fall dramatically. Saying that though after 16 miscarriages I'm now on my second healthy pregnancy. Just usually means there may be a be a medical condition behind the losses. Ttc after a loss is always hard but when you get your rainbow it will all be worth it. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->