Can a sudden fright affect baby?

Calcifer

Reaction score
Hi all - I'm fairly jumpy and when i get a fright i get like this adrenaline rush with electricity shooting into my fingers. I had a near miss this morning with a car nearly crashing into me this morning and it caused a sharp shock in my body. I'm wondering if there's any evidence that it affects the baby in any way? I'm only just under 5 weeks and fairly nervous about this one being sticky....

No, it won't hurt your sweet little embryo. I am always jumpy and anxious throughout my pregnancies, too. Also, we've had our fair share of "almosts" with car accidents. REALLY, REALLY terrifying, especially when we're pregnant. It's gonna be just fine. :)

No, our bodies are pretty resilient and meant to handle normal levels of stress. We wouldn't have survived as a species if we were too fragile during pregnancy. You'd be amazed what your body can cope with.

Thank you for your reassurance! I know on an intellectual level that i'm freaking out but it's been a bit of a rough ride.

We all freak out when we're pregnant. It's all right. You just keep coming back for support and reassurance. I've seen a LOT and love to tell people IT'S OKAY - IT'S NORMAL when it is, and it usually is. :)

I had a car crash with a lorry at 10 weeks, not pleasant obviously, had my scan at 13 weeks and all is fine. Women go through all sorts of traumas and are for the most part ok.

I had a car crash with a lorry at 10 weeks, not pleasant obviously, had my scan at 13 weeks and all is fine. Women go through all sorts of traumas and are for the most part ok.

OMG that's so scary :o i'm glad it worked out perfectly

I'm thankful for this reassuring thread because I worry about this too. Sometimes my dh scares me (comes around the corner unexpectedly) or like you, am incident while driving or something with my girls (falls or bumps and stuff) and I get that heart dropping feeling and sometimes heart flutters.. I worry about bean too!! O and also getting really worked up and emotional or angry makes me worry about bean!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->