can a twin have twins?

crazy mummy

Reaction score
this is a really silly question but my hubby is a twin, could we have twins or not? I just look quite big and have not had my scan yet and I am sure someone once said that twins can't have twins but this seems a bit stupid, I just wondered if anyone knew, sorry if anyone thinks that this is a stupid pointless question but its been bugging me :dohh:

I believe they can have twins. The thing is tho that the twin has to come from the mothers side. Twins on the fathers side do not effect your chance of conceiving twins at all. Its all up to you and your genes :p

Yes, they absolutely can. Some sources say fraternal (non-identical) twins are at an increased chance of having fraternal twins.

Your race and your age also affect the chance of fraternal twins. However, the chance of identical twins is the same throughout the entire population of the world -- around 1 in 250.

Good luck. :)

More info:
https://www.keepkidshealthy.com/twins/twin_statistics.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin

It depends on what type of twin you are.

From what i know non-identical twins can release 2 eggs when they ovulate (like their mother) and have twins. Identical twins are from an egg that has split so it's luck of the draw. They are no more likely than anyone else.

Hope this helps xx

It depends on what type of twin you are.

From what i know non-identical twins can release 2 eggs when they ovulate (like their mother) and have twins. Identical twins are from an egg that has split so it's luck of the draw. They are no more likely than anyone else.

Hope this helps xx

Thanx Cheryl it does help, Its my hubby thats a twin not me thats why I wondered and he is non-identical but if its all down to me I do have twins on my side do they really skip a generation? or is that another myth:wacko:

I actually heard that they skip a generation too, so that's what I've always thought? Maybe it is just a myth!

I think it's more common for twins to skip a generation. I'm a non-identical twin and the set before us were at least a generation before. This is my second pregnancy and it's a single baby again xx

to be honest I will be more than happy with a single baby but now we are in a weird one cos if it skips a generation it would hit me possibly but not my hubby weird

It must be exciting hun wondering weather you have one or two little ones in there. Have you not had a scan yet? xx

It must be exciting hun wondering weather you have one or two little ones in there. Have you not had a scan yet? xx

no not yet, I see the midwife tomorrow, I kind of delayed phoning for an appointment because I couldn't stand seeing her too soon then having to wait ages, I now think that I have waited too long but it all stems from getting the false negative in June and not retesting until July I probably should have retested in June then I would have a better idea how many weeks I am rather than am I 10 weeks am I 12 weeks:dohh:

Crazy mummy if you are pregnant with twins it will not be because your DH is a twin - perhaps someone in your Mom's side of the family also has twins. Your DH can produce enough sperm to create millions of babies - you are the one who must produce more then one egg to get the twins.

I am one of fraternal twins - twins can have twins and have a slightly increased chance of having them, but they do normally skip a generation apparently. This is my second pregnancy and it is also a singleton.

Good luck for tomorrow.

yes they can. they run in my family. my nanna is a twin, Im a twin. My older sister and brother are twins and younger sisters are twins. 3 twin sibling sets!! My older sister had one set of fraternal twins. My other bro (who isnt a twin) had identical twins...haha sooo many twins...but its really just the luck of the draw :)

yes they can. they run in my family. my nanna is a twin, Im a twin. My older sister and brother are twins and younger sisters are twins. 3 twin sibling sets!! My older sister had one set of fraternal twins. My other bro (who isnt a twin) had identical twins...haha sooo many twins...but its really just the luck of the draw :)

wow lots of twins !!!

:haha: gosh alive i would hate to be buying all the christmas and birthday presents for yoour family lol. So many twins, but i bet family get togethres are absolutly amazing :)

well it wud be good to no im a twin and so is my dad that as far back as i no lol im 4 week preg agian so wud liek to no too i have been preg 6 times so far 3 that mc and wud be nice to have twins #:D

Anyone can have twins! And women who have twins on their mom's side of the family are more likely to have non-identical twins themselves.... As for skipping a generation... that is most likely myth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->