can af be delayed by chest infection??

dinky

happy mum to 2 girls :)
Reaction score
hi all, im currently on my 6th cycle of clomid and af is around 4 days late. i took a test last night and it was :bfn:. im suffering from a chest and throat infection at the mo though and was wondering if that could delay my period? or could i be pregnant even though a hpt says negative? could it just be that theres not enough hormone in my urine yet? would love some help from you ladies!!!!
:dust:

When l've had infections in the past they have been known to delay my AF.
If it's still not here in a few days l would test again though

:dust: good luck to you

thanks georgia, i tested again this morning using fmu and got another :bfn: so guesing my lateness is down to my illness :( tests arent designed to be wrong are they lol so guess will wait till the end of the week and if no :which: arrives ill go and see my doc!

wasnt meant to be :which: lol was meant to be :witch: god im stupid!!!!

huns i defo think being ill can delay af but dont think its the illness itself prob meds ur on to get rid of it well if ur on any meds that is.....personally when im ill not on meds being ill doesnt normally affect my af but everyone unique and diff, but ingers X'ed huns its a bfp..also it could be that u implanted late so u may well be getting a faule neg try again in few days as if implantationhas not long happened it gonna take that to get a clear bfp anyways good luck babes :dust:

thanks for your response! im not on meds for it but did take some night nurse a couple of days ago, its just like a liquid med that you buy otc so do you think that could be contributing to a delayed period? my bbs have been incredibly sensitive for a while now like they normal are when af is around the corner and today im having some really weird twinges that keeps varying from side to side of my uterus?! im only using internet hpt cheapies do you think i should invest in a brand name more expensive one in a few days if she hasn't shown up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->