Can anybody help me please?...

meltanton

Mum of1,2angels&expecting
Reaction score
Hey ladies..
just to recap i experienced a chemical pregnancy/early miscarriage last cycle and have sarted takign temps and opks this cycle. Im on cycle day 14 and on cycle day 12 my temp dropped slightly and i got a positive on an opk..my first positive since doing them. I thought this meant i had ovulated and then next day my temps went bk up...but when i tested again it came up negative...
I have been charting my temps but its so confusing..to me it just looks like they are all over the place and fertilityfriend is saying it hasnt detected ovulation yet. ARGGHH im goign insane...
How can i share my chart with you guys and can some one take a look and tell me what they think?
Thankyou
:dust: to all xxx

Hi chick,

An OPK goes positive 12-36 hours before ovulation because thats when you get your surge.

Your temp tends to dip just before ovulation and then goes up AFTER it.

So basically, you temp drop coincided with the positive OPK meaning that you would ovulate 12-36 hours after that. Then your tempt went back up - this is exactly what will happen if you are ovulating around nowish.

Enter tomorrows temp in FF and it should show that you have already ovulated.

Do I make sense? lol

yep you make sense huni but i did one test and it was positive so the next day i did another test and it was negative...so surely i didnt ovulate and finish within 24 hours did i?And my fertility friend chart just looks all over the place and says it hasnt detected ovulation. could you take a look for me?xx
Thanks for responding

Your LH surge happens 12-36 hours before you ovulate hon and the surge can last as little as 6 hours so it's very much possible that 24 hours after the positive you got a negative and still be ovulating.

I'm very happy to take a look hon, just copy and paste the link

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/index.php

Thank you hun. Let me know if this works xx

Ah rubbish - it's not letting me in.

Could you tell me your temps since the dip on the day you got your positive OPK?

i can tell you all my temps so far. theyr so erratic...
i only started from cycle day 5

* cycle day 5 = 36.4 celcius
* day 6 = 36.5
*day 7 = 36.5
*day 8 = 36.5
*day 9 = 36.0 (neg opk)
*day 10 = 35.3 ...(id had a few drinks the night before so i dont know if that effects the dip in temp on this morning or not)
*day 11 = 36.5
*day 12 = 36.4
*day 13 = 35.3 (pos opk)
*day 14 = 36.3 (neg opk)
*day 15 = 36.6

see what i mean thought its all over the place
Thanks for helping me huni xxx

Looking at that I think today is the day (or possibly yesterday).

Your temperature should be a little higher tomorrow and the day after and this would confirm it

Don't worry about your earlier temps being a little nuts - so many things can effect it. The important bit is having a small drop before ovulation followed by 3 days rising after it. Based on that, if you have two slightly higher temps the next two days, your positive OPK was spot on.

thank you hun you have been a great help. We DTD on cycle days 6,7,8,11,13 n 14 so if you think maybe yesterday or today is the day if we DTD today and for the next 3 days should i be covered do you think?
So if i have higher temps over the next two days ..when do i start counting as my days past ovulation so i can check how long my lutheal stage (is that right) is?im new to this and its all very confusing lol
xxx

I know what you mean love, it's all confusing isn't it?

I would count day 14 as ovulation day as your temps start to rise just after ovulation - therefore in this instance, day 14 would be the day (and as you had the positive OPK the day before, I'd be very sure of it). So you'd be 1DPO today.

It's worth remembering that you get a positive OPK BEFORE ovulation and a 3 day temp rise AFTER it - so ovulation occurs during the bit in the middle.

And yes, I'd say you are definitely covered in the baby dance department :)

whats really wierd is im already getting slight pains in my bbs and little pulling cramps which happened last cycle too..could this be ovulation symptoms?
The thing that worries me is im due fior my AF in 7-10days asmy cycles are roughly 21-24 days long which means my lutheal stage might not be very long??
Thanks hun, so positive opk before ovulation which can occur from 12-36 hours after, and then a temp rise after it for a few days. I heard that if it remains elevated for 10-18 days after its likely that you could be pregnant? is that correct do you know? Theres so much to take in, my heads spiralling out of control lol xx

lol I know it's a nightmare isn't it?

Yes, it's true that if your temps stay elevated for that long you are likely pregnant.

Sore boobs and crampyness are pretty common ovulation symptoms - it's caused by the sudden woosh of progesterone that ovulation releases in to your system.

A normal luteal phase is considered about 12-14 days. Any less than that could be caused by low progesterone. What I would do is, count how many days after ovulation (now you know when it was) it takes until you start to bleed. If it's 10 or less, go see your doctor. It's not a massive problem but sometimes can stop implantation. If this is the case, they can give you either pills or cream to lengthen your luteal phase for next cycle.

that would have maybe caused my early miscarriage before because i ovulated and then within 7 days i started bleeding, even though i had got a positive hpt the day before. so i will see what happens this cycle. i hope i dont have a short lutheal stage urgh so confusing lol.
sorry to be personal but how long have u been ttc for?
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->