Can anyone help? Cysts?

Jai_Jai

Mummy to my Jellies
Reaction score
I had to go to the hospital as i was 'leaking' and midwife wanted me to go in and get checked out, they checked my cervix and all was ok as no leaking from there, so it must be discharge is what she said. Anyway I looked at my notes when I got home and they said in them that I had a nobathian cyst and also small ectropian seen on cervix (which after googling I found was to be built up cells) but I am just so worried as I have never had a smear test :cry: I went to have one done and Dr made me bleed when i was 21 I then tried to get one done when I was 23 and they sent me away saying come back when your 25, well I am just 25 now and 5 months pregnant so they won't do it now............what do I do??? Is what I have normal or altogether not? I wish they had said something to me, I have my next mw appt in 4 wks so I am going to talk with her.......just wondered if anyone else had either of these? what are they? related to anything in particular?

thanks in advance.......xx.

Didn't want to read and run hon but I'm sorry your so worried. If it was really bad they would have said something wouldn't they?? Maybe phone your doctor and take in your notes and talk it over with them. Apparently you can have a smear test pregnant but mine won't do it until after the birth. I missed mine because I got pregnant. :hugs:

yeh mine wouldn't do it either cos u can get 'abnormal' results cos of the hormonal changes so it is not very reliable whilst preg......

But thanks for your suggestion, thats useful I think I will prob o to Dr, he is nice and will just tell me whats what, I forget I am still alllowed to see my DR :rofl:

:hugs:

At my doctor and maternity clinic they do a pap smear at 8-12 weeks to make sure you have no problems that may effect pregnancy and I have never been told about abnormal results do to being pregnant. I am in Canada though so probably just another difference between countries. I have had various forms of cysts as well and was quite worried as well but after talking to the Doctor he explained that if they were worrisome they would take a sample for testing. I would talk to your doctor but try not to worry to much until then. *hugs* no one likes hearing the word cyst!

I think in 1st tri they sometimes do them over hear but defo not after and said defo not at 21 wks :( oh well we will see what Dr has to say - thanks kikismom for ur reassurance :hugs:

I had what they call a 'functional ovarian cyst' which was found during my m/c (but totally unrelated to m/c so don't worry!) apparently they sometimes form in the site where the egg was released and although they can grow and cause problems (mine did feel slightly uncomfortable) most just burst and disappear on their own - don't know if there is another name for them or if that is what you have but they told me there was no cause for concern and mine did just go on it's own

Hope that helps :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"