can anyone help? im cramping quite bad after erpc

tootsy1987

Abbi and Alfie - My World
Reaction score
thanks for looking guys...

i had my erpc on friday afternoon, had slight bleeding friday, and through the night... nothing sat or today but i am cramping really bad tonight, feels like really bad period cramp but yet not bleeding at all, is this normal / ok? it just keeps coming in waves, im also exhausted and feeling a tad bit dizzy... nothing extreme though. I expected cramp but just thought i would have bleeding with it. Has anyone had this before after erpc? im on doxycycline for prevention, havent took any today though as i missed my lunchtime dose, going to take the next dose in an hour.

xxxxx

Sorry your still suffering hun :hugs: :hugs: hope it passes soon or someone can help xxx

Sorry to hear you're not well.
I didn't get any pain that quickly, but was in very similar sounding pain 3 weeks on - turns out it was UTI brought on by D&C, worth having your GP check up on that as easily put right. Having said that, 6 weeks on am still having cramps which I worked out are around the time AF would have been due if pg had never happened. OUr bodies are a mystery really! Hope you feel better soon

Hi tootsy1987,

I had a d and c and had little or no bleeding for the first few days. On the 4-5 day I had really bad cramps and started bleeding more heavily. I went to the doctor and they told me it was just my body trying to remove anything left behind by the d and c and not too worry too much - but they did put me on antibiotics just in case.

I have read on here that sometimes this pain can feel a bit like contractions because the cervix is opening up to remove anything still in there.

Don't know if this is the same as you but if you are still cramping and worried, I would just give the hospital a quick call to ask their opinion.

:hug:

Sorry this is happening to you hun :hugs:

I had intense cramping a few days after my ERPC. Mine started off unproductive for about 24 hours, but when the cramps started coming every 2 minutes I was passing heavy flow fresh blood & clots (tmi soz) a lot like a natural MC.
I had no more cramping after 8 days post op, then the flow then got lighter & lighter as the weeks went on. I think it's just about stopping now.

If it gets realy bad, just go to A&E as they can check if you need further treatment right away. I did, they were really lovely & looked after me well.

:hug:

Hope you feel better soon xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"