Can anyone help me on how I can wean my 15 month old off breastfeeding?

I was going to suggest the same thing, move her into her own room....outta sight outta mind maybe? give her a soother perhaps since she obviously likes the sucking motion still so that might help calm her down. And I would let her cry it out the first couple nights. It will be super hard, but well worth it in the end. Good Luck!

And when I say cry it out I don't mean let her suffer all night and scream till she is totally stressed out...I mean go into her room, give her a pat on the back and then leave. Don't pick her up, and don't nurse her. Maybe offer a sip of water in a sippy cup at the most. And don't rush it all at once, maybe give her one nursing only then reduce to none.

M in exactly the same boat and my milk supply has decreased after pregnancy too so DS feeds even more frequently and for longer at nights :(

Im sorry if this is out of line but just curious. I see a few of you still have your child sleeping with you in you room either in their own cot or co-sleeping, my question is how do you get pregnant again with your child sleeping in your room? Like do you do the deed somewhere else and then go back to your room, just seems a bit strange to me.

Im sorry if this is out of line but just curious. I see a few of you still have your child sleeping with you in you room either in their own cot or co-sleeping, my question is how do you get pregnant again with your child sleeping in your room? Like do you do the deed somewhere else and then go back to your room, just seems a bit strange to me.

My baby sleeps in her cot and we can dtd in our bed? Don't see how that's strange it's not as if she's awake and watching us! This is what millions of people round the globe do! Lol

Anyway back to the weaning topic- so I've just managed to put dd to bed without breastfeeding and she's asleep!! Just hope she doesn't wake up now!
Seems like this is proving easier than I'd thought- I'm sleeping in the spare room till Sunday when we go on holiday then when we come back we'll try and move dd into her own room!

We do it on the couch after our son has fallen asleep. Don't see anything strange about that really. :haha:

I'm glad it's going well for you. :)

Of course putting her in her own room is definitely something you should go for.
As far as feeding, could you maybe pump? I would think that would be much easier to let her feed herself with one of those bottles with the lifelike nipples?
Or if you want to wean her off breastmilk totally, maybe give her a bottle or cup of cows milk everyday till all she's drinking is the cows milk.

My daughter started sleeping through the night by 12 months, however I onbly stopped breatfeeding her 2 weeks before I got pregnant with this baby (15 months as well). I started dropping 1 feed at a time to start. So if she's used to falling asleep on the boob, that will be THE hardest one to get rid of, so that will be the last to go if that makes sense. I would drop one feed, and then a week later drop another feed and so on. STTN can be a hard one though. I really had to force it with my daughter (during the day). Not easy...but she now is weaned, and happy. Took a few weeks to be completely done. Best of luck!!! You will do great. Sometimes its harder on mom than it is on the child. She is waking out of habit, so figuring out what you're comfortable with regarding crying etc is what you'll have to figure out first, and then consistency is key.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->