Can anyone help me out?

ames_x

Mummy to 2 beautiful boys
Reaction score
Right, cut a long story short lol. I got made redundant on 24th July with no pay (Company went into administration).

So I'm currently getting £50 a week Income Support and Housing Benefit.

I was due to go on Maternity leave not long after they made me redundant, so applied for Statutory maternity pay through HM Revenue and Customs (advised to by Jobcentre)

I phoned them up this morning for an update as I havent heard anything, and the bloke said my application was received but they are currently working on forms in a que, and are currently on 20th July so I have quite a wait, he said if I am entitled to it I get the full 39 weeks and it will be backdated. Thing is this could take ages, and I cant live off scraps every week!

My query is now, when my baby comes, what do I claim? Do I still claim Income support? Is this even possible? :shrug:

Sorry if none of this makes sense :blush: not good at explaining what I mean in words lol.

Your income support will change to maternity allowance of £123 ish per week and be back dated to the date you have stated on the form (from when you want the mat pay to start) You'll get this for the 39 weeks.

If you are struggling you could ask for a crisis loan till you get the money through, Speak to the CAB about this and other things you are entitiled to.

Depends on your OH pay as well unfortunately................

https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/index.htm

check out this website to see what you entitled to
good luck hun

Rachael
xxx

Income support wont change to maternity allowance as you are already getting SMP.

SMP claimed through HMRC is known as maternity allowance at the non taxed rate of £123ish per week.

SMP is paid via your employer ( if you are still employed) and is taxed and subject to NI.

What about statutory redundancy pay? Don't you get that?

What about statutory redundancy pay? Don't you get that?

Well, her profile says she's 20 so redunancy pay would only be 0.5 week’s pay for each full year of service, so if she's not worked a full year then she wouldn't be entitled to anything and if she's only worked 1 year then she's only entitled to half a week's pay...

I'm not sure if those redundancy rules apply when companies go into administration, but I would've thought they did. You *should* be paid through your notice period too, or if you didn't get to work through notice because the place shut quickly then you should get paid in lieu of notice (I.e. still be paid even though you couldn't work) but again I don't know if this applies if the company goes into admin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->