Can anyone help me with ovulation and implant removal? confused!

sheeps24

A mummy!
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I had my implant removed a week ago today. I was told fertility can go back to normal within a week and people can fall pregnant straight away. I have been doing ov tests and I had my strongest line 2 days ago but still not positive then yesterday it had gone faint as to nearly nothing. Does this mean I have missed it? I would of thought I would of ovulated by now/soon .. can you get a strong line and it not be ov but then ov later in the month? I've ran out of tests so waiting for some more to arrive!

Has anyone had the implant out and kept track of what day they ovulate?

Thank you x

I wouldn't say you are out just yet. Depending on the usual lengths of your cycles would depend on when you would likely ovulate. If you had a regular 28 day cycle , ovulation would be likely to occur around day 14, so that would be two weeks after the removal of the implant. So if yours was only removed a week ago you likely haven't even hit it yet :)
I have also had an almost positive opk around CD10-12 and then not got an actual positive until CD18. So sometimes your body just has a surge you picked up but it wasn't the actual one to release the egg. I think thats why they tell you to test during certain times dependent on your cycle length because the hormones can be present at all times but the actual surge usually only happens before the release of the egg.
Hope this helps!

Hi sheep! I had mine out today ������ very excited to get started!
I had one previous to my little boy. I found I had it removed, had a bleed approx a week later and then ovulated approx 2 weeks later. So about 3 weeks after removal. I got pregnant on my 2nd ovulation post removal!
I am hoping for similar this time round!
As my gyn said today, just have lots of sex! We are bags of hormones after removal as we will have a surge due to them being suppressed for so long, so in the next couple of months you are in a lot of ways likely to be more fertile than normal!

Would you like to buddy up and monitor together? I need someone to get excited with and keep my nerves at bay! Good luck Hun! Xx

Thank you so much for the reply ladies this had made me feel much better! I haven't managed to get any advice from anyone!

I would LOVE to buddy up sparrow mummy!

Great! :happydance:
Well I'm Kate and have 2 year old who turns 3 in November! He is definitely going through the pushing the limits stage and is very cheeky!

Have you had your withdrawal bleed yet? As in have you bled at all since removal? Were you having regular period type bleeding when you had the implant in?

I am a nightmare once I get it in my head I want something then I like to plan it and make it happen! I get a little bit obsessional and really know I need to chill the hell out and just let it happen :wacko:
Are you going to use any conception methods, I see you have used opks? All I'm doing is taking folic at moment but we will see how we go :winkwink: this 'go with it' method isn't likely to last long!!

Xx

Great! :happydance:
Well I'm Kate and have 2 year old who turns 3 in November! He is definitely going through the pushing the limits stage and is very cheeky!

Have you had your withdrawal bleed yet? As in have you bled at all since removal? Were you having regular period type bleeding when you had the implant in?

I am a nightmare once I get it in my head I want something then I like to plan it and make it happen! I get a little bit obsessional and really know I need to chill the hell out and just let it happen :wacko:
Are you going to use any conception methods, I see you have used opks? All I'm doing is taking folic at moment but we will see how we go :winkwink: this 'go with it' method isn't likely to last long!!

Xx

Ha ha we are so alike! My daughter turns 4 in November and she to tests the limits! She is starting nursery in September we have never needed her to go so put it off but shes at a point where she needs to go now.

I didn't really have any periods on the implant ... I did unusually have 1 a few days before removal which was probably the heaviest I had the whole time I had it in! If I did bleed it wasn't much or for very long and it wasn't regular.

We decided to ttc later on when shes at school although I wanted to then my oh just clicked one day and was like we need another one now, He has recently started some new medication which is making things difficult and we haven't dtd since the night before removal! I get called impatient and I need everything right away but I am like you can't tell a woman you want to try and not expect her to be ready to go!

I have been using opks and had a near positive so hoping haven't missed it but by the sounds of it we might be skipping this month anyway which won't be the worst thing because my body will get back to normal a bit ...

Yes I to go crazy and on here everyday .. googling etc etc ha ha .. taking folic acid too

P.s I am Holly!
xx

Hi Holly!
Similar situation for us. We were planning to wait as I have just had a promotion at work and everything is just so busy and crazy. But at the end of the day I thought to myself there will always be something that comes up and a reason to wait, and we can't wait forever!! Also my LO needs a friend, I don't want him growing up lonely.

I also have this fear, that because we were so quick and lucky to conceive first time that it won't be the case this time (I also had quite a horrific labour and worry there might be uterus scarring and repercussions from that) so feel it's probably better to start trying sooner rather than later.

I had fairly regular periods on implant so I'm vaguely aware of when my next one is due but I think I may just have to forget that as the hormones will probably alter it all.

I have ordered some opks and frers as I wanted to be prepared for when I do start going batty crazy obsessive haha. I may hide them for a month lol.

Hope your husband is soon on the mend and in the mood for some dancing lol!!

Argh just wrote I huge reply and my interent cut off! Will have to write again!

Do you have private messages on your account? I was going to PM you instead but couldn't find an option too!

Do you have private messages on your account? I was going to PM you instead but couldn't find an option too!

I have no idea how do I set it up? Or find out if I do? Sorry can't remember how to use any of this stuff!! Or tell me how to msg you and then you can reply?

I have no idea how do I set it up? Or find out if I do? Sorry can't remember how to use any of this stuff!! Or tell me how to msg you and then you can reply?

Im not too great either! I think if you just click to view my public profile there should be an option to message x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->