can anyone help??

mummyof3babas

Reaction score
i gave birth to my lil man just over 2 weeks ago and after when the midwifes checked they said i just had a couple of grazes on each side of my vagina, well the grazes are still really sore and itchy and last night me and my oh has sex and this morning there bleeding quite bad? could they be actual cuts that needed stitches are could te sex have turned them into actual open cuts an thats y there bleeding? any info would be much appreciated:)xxx

Have you taken a mirror and had a look yourself? I would do that first. And sex after only 2 weeks pp? I think that's a little soon. Let yourself heal. If you see anything unusual after looking then definitely call your midwife or doctor. It could just be irritated from te sex.

Probably just irritated from having sex so soon. I'd hold off for a couple of months until you're healed. Sex so soon increases your chance of infection, there's basically an open wound in your uterus where the placenta was attached.

I had a graze on one side and it was sore for about 6-8 weeks, I was convinced it was more than a graze as to how sore it was, but it did eventually heal just alot longer than I expected.
I agree that's its prob just because you had sex so early. I think we waited about 6 weeks but even then it was so sore we had to stop. Keep an eye on them tho if they don't stop bleeding I'd go get them checked out.

I had a csection but was told by my midwife to wait at least 6 weeks till we have sex cause of the risk of infection. But as others have said if you have grazes inside your vagina then it is extremely likely that it was sex that made them bleed. Best ask your midwife or GP when it would be ok now for you to have sex again but I seriously would wait for it to be healed completely! xx

Are you sure it's the grazes bleeding and not just lochia? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->